[14] Back to Mondstadt

"Welcome back to Mondstadt!"

You're greeted by your friends the moment you step foot into the city.

It has been a while since you've been in the city of the wind, they asked how your adventures have been going. You had a nice chat with them before parting.

Then you look back to your companions.

"Are any of you going to catch up with your businesses?" You ask them.

Unsurprisingly, they all had their own things to catch up to.

"I'm going to the Knights of Favonius headquarters to check up on how they've been doing while we were away." Kaeya says, then sends an indifferent expression towards the former archons standing beside you.

"Right, I understand. Will you come back later though?" You ask, worried about his glance.

"Of course, I will always return to you." Kaeya sends you a smile before turning around. "I'll see you then, everyone."

With that, the Cavalry Captain took his leave.

There was a silent pause after his departure.

His nonchalant look towards the former archons didn't go unnoticed by you.

Something doesn't feel right.

Did Kaeya feel off about their godly status?

You sweatdrop at the nerve-wracking thought.

'Perhaps he should have some time to think about it

It's difficult to process that an archon was travelling with us...

...let alone the Anemo and Geo archon.'

There was an air of suspicion lingering around. Seems like Kaeya suspects you're still hiding something from him.

Then again, that probably wasn't a good sign.

Then, Venti nervously clears his throat and subsides the tense atmosphere.

he starts. "Well, Captain Kaeya might be busy for a while.."

"Now that he's gone, the Knights will most likely nag his ear off after going on a long expedition." Diluc remarks with a tone.

Paimon sighs. "Poor Captain Kaeya, it's inevitable. Guess the Knights of Favonius will interrogate what he's been up to for now."

"I guess he won't be back for a while." You said, then raise your head at them. "What will you be doing then?"

"I will be checking up on the tavern to see how the income has been doing. Hopefully it has done well while I was away." Diluc looks over his shoulder to look at you. "You can come if you'd like. Feel free to relax in the tavern."

"Aw yeah, free friend pass." Venti cheers, swinging his arm over your shoulder. "As your trustful friends, we shall stride over to Angel's share together."

Diluc squints. "I only invited (Y/n)."

"Add us to the list too! You'll let us drink for free. Isn't that right, (Y/n)?"

"Hey, don't just use us for money support!" Paimon says.

"If you can beat me in a sparring session, I'll pay your drinks for free." you say playfully.

"Oh heavens no, I could never win a battle against you." Venti shoots down, earning a defeated expression from you. "I still remember what happened in Liyue Harbor right before my eyes!"