[16] Infiltrating Inazuma

Start from the beginning

You finally noticed the goosebumps on your arms and the freezing feeling of your clothes. Trembling from the cold rain, you answer Beidou "oh- It's probably because of the storm and all." you noticed the flickering purple shield above.

'Beidou's shield might not last for too long.'

'We need someone else with a stronger shield.'

At that moment, your thought process lands on a certain Archon, who was still steering the helm.

"Captain Beidou! You should take the wheel for now." You said to the woman. "I have an order for Zhongli." you glanced at him.

"Aight, captain." She lightly jokes before taking control of the helm, leaving Zhongli at the side.

You approached the former archon and asked him to summon his own shield, and cast it around the ship for safety.

He agrees to your request, everyone backs away as he casts his elemental skill. His eyes and the end of his hair glowed as he let out a phrase: "Rise!"

A pillar rises from the ship's floor while a giant square-shaped shield encircling the entire ship.

Now the ship is safer than ever.

"You did an excellent job at providing orders." Zhongli points out, rather pleased.

"Thanks," your face heats up a bit, letting out a cough. "You guys did pretty well too."

"Such leadership skills are befitting of her, don't you think?" Kaeya muses to the green bard.

"Sure does." Venti says as Diluc nods along. After everyone collected themselves, they all retreated to their respective business.

Paimon claps. "Way to go, guys!" she turns to you happily. "You're really nailing your part as a leader, eh?" yet she receives no response. "...(Y/N)?"

She calls out to you again, Paimon floats towards you looking concerned.

'Geez, has the storm winds always been this cold?'

You feel your face heat up again, but this time, it's abnormal as ever. Like you have a fever or something.

"Hey, are you feeling okay? You look a bit... sick." Venti asks in concern.

You playfully hit him at first. "How dare you point out the obvious?" but after some time the overwhelming exhaustion and typical fever symptoms became too much to handle.

Not long after that, you're suddenly bedridden. You hazily see your friends carrying you back to your room.

You let out a coughing fit as Zhongli places a wet cloth on your warm forehead.

Venti frowns in worry. "Will she be okay? Her coughs are so sudden..."

"It might've been the cold weather of the sea. I'm used to it but I don't think she is." Kazuha says as Beidou nods in agreement.

Kaeya could only wonder. "There's a chance she did. Who knows, maybe she already had all the symptoms but we didn't notice it sooner."

"Guys, I still want us to dress up as Fatui.." You mumble from your bed but they pay you no mind.

Paimon thinks deeply. "Well, now that Paimon thinks about it, she has been coughing after helping the ship earlier..."

"I can only assume she contracted her sickness during our voyage. I advise you to rest for the time being." Zhongli declares, placing some herbal supplies the crew had on the desk. "Everyone, you may return to your respective rooms. Venti and Paimon can remain here for company."