Chapter 16: Resolution

Start from the beginning

They slowly pulled away, and they were breathless, it was both of their first kisses after all.

They rested their foreheads on each other, neither daring to open their eyes first.

Soon though, Anne opened them and she flushed red once she saw Marcys shut eyes, the raven-haired girl still trying to savor this kiss.

But something finally registered in Anne's mind as she panicked.

"I'm so sorry! Did you want that?"

Marcy's eyes flew open at that as they pulled away and she looked at the brunette in confusion.

"What? Of-"

"Oh my frog, I'm dumb! I didn't ask first, I'm sorry! I just-" Anne said, but a finger to her lips silenced her.

"Relax, Anne, I wanted it, but it is really cute that you thought about that and cared." Marcy said with genuine love in her eyes.

Anne blushed and nodded.

It went silent as a thought came to Marcy's mind.

"Um... Not to ruin the moment or anything but... Aren't you mad at me? And what were you and that girl talking about?"

Anne let out chuckle slip past her lips, Marcy was still oblivious as ever.

"No, I'm not mad at you, you explained why you did it, and people make mistakes, and besides we weren't even dating when you two almost kissed so."

Marcy processed what she had heard and Anne grinned at her.

"Besides, I'm just glad Sasha didn't beat me to it and that you two aren't dating."

Marcy shook her head and said. "Oh- yeah, that wouldn't happen, like ever."

Anne chuckled and Marcys eyes softened as she stared at her.

"So... Does this mean we're dating now or...?" Marcy said, trying to not sound too hopeful but she failed.

Anne smiled softly before saying. "I don't know, Marcy."

They locked eyes again as Anne said. "Do you want to be my girlfriend? If not, I'll be glad to be your friend as long as I have you in my life."

Marcy stood there with a huge grin on her face and she said. "Yes, of course I wanna be your girlfriend!"

Anne sighed in relief, it was obvious Marcy was gonna say yes, yet she was still a little nervous.

Marcy pulled Anne into a hug as the raven-haired girl buried her face into the crook of the other girls neck.

They lingered there for a moment as smiles full of glee were plastered onto their faces.

They had only pulled away when they heard slow clapping.

They looked up once they pulled away, and saw a certain blonde.

"Finally, you guys took forever getting together."

The two girls flushed red as Sasha threw her arms around both of them.

"I do love that you guys are together and all, but I'm gonna third wheel a lot now, huh?"

The two lovers glanced at each other before turning away with red faces.

"Look at you two, you look like tomatoes!" Sasha teased as Anne lightly shoved her.

"And just so you know, I've called it since we were ten."

"What?!" The two girls said before looking at her.

"C'mon, don't act so surprised, you guys were really close so."

They shook it off before Marcy said. "Well, at least it paid off in the end."

Sasha took her arms off of them before shaking her head.

"I'll leave you two alone, love birds."

They waved at her before standing in silence.

Marcy glanced at her before saying. "Anne?"

"Hmm?"

"You don't know how long I've been waiting for this moment." She said with a small blush.

Anne smiled before saying. "I think I might have a clue, but we'll call it a tie."

They stared at each other with content looks before Anne lended her hand out, once she saw Marcy's blush though, she hesitated and was about to take it back, but Marcy laced her fingers with hers.

"It's always been you." She muttered.

The end...

(A/N) Remember, consent is key! And also, this is the end of this story, it was actually a lot of fun to write, hopefully you all like it, and thank you all for choosing this story and reading it! And thanks to all of those who stuck around or were here since the beginning! Have a good day/evening/night. :)