5 - Waterfall

" Wow..." I gazed at the sparkling water flowed down the sides of multiple mossy rocks. A rainbow appeared above. It was magical.

I scanned the area. We were the first ones here. Uh oh... that's not good.

Suddenly, three girls stumbled out of the bushes, they all toppled over each other.

"Ugh, how long have we been walking..." Sasha complained.

"Ugh, how long have YOU been complaining?" Laura asked.

"Ugh, how long have you two been arguing! It's absolutely pointless!" Paris complained.

I laughed. It was great to see my friends again. Did I just refer to Sasha as a friend? That's a first.

"Alex!" Paris exclaimed, "Help me!!!"

I giggled, then helped them all up.

"Hey, where's Zoey?" Sasha asked.

"I thought you guys where with her?" Connor asked.

"Oh, no..." Matt whispered.

.....................................................................................................................................

I sniffled. I still can't find Sasha any where. I kept on following the sounds of the waterfall. I fell to the ground. Tears streamed from my eyes once more. Mist coated my vision. I must be getting close. I started to get back up when I heard a low growl. Shoot. A large bear glared into my eyes. I fell back down to the ground in fear. The brown bear lunged and opened it's mouth wide. Razor sharp teeth lined the inside of it's mouth. I screamed in pure terror.

.....................................................................................................................................

"That's not good." I started to worry. Zoey couldn't stop crying this whole time and now she's out there all alone.

"I'll go search for her," Sasha volunteered.

"What if you get lost?" Laura asked.

"It wouldn't be that big of a loss..." Matt shrugged.

In seconds, Sasha's body had morphed into a cougar. She glared at Matt and snarled at him, showing her teeth.

Sasha leaped over a bush and ran out of sight.

"Now what?" Connor asked.

"Do you even remember why we are here?" Laura asked.

"Uh, oh yeah! The riddle thingie!" Matt exclaimed.

Paris clenched her fists, "You don't even now how serious this is! We could die! Do you want that?"

"No"

"Then let's get to the next part!" Paris yelled, "Laura, do want to transform or should I?"

Laura nervously shifted side to side, "Uh...you can do it..."

Paris breathed deeply. She closed her eyes. She breathed out and opened her eyes. Her once sky blue eyes had turned solid black. She fell to the ground, her fingers merged together, brown fur grew out from her skin, white dots danced across her fur. Paris was now a deer.
< And now we wait...>