"Mikey! Stop! Please, I'm begging you!" I screamed as I held onto Mikey's arm, trying to stop it from continuously punching Kazutora who laid motionless underneath him.

I was hyperventilating, I felt like I couldn't get a solid breath into my lungs. No matter what I yelled at him, no matter how much strength I put into stopping him, it was no use. Compared to Mikey, I was the definition of weak.

"Please, Mikey, you can't keep going or you'll kill him! You can't live with that!" I tried to persuade him to reconsider what he was doing, but it did nothing.

I knew what was on his mind. Not too far from us Baji laid dead, his childhood friend was murdered right in front of his eyes. So, he was taking revenge on the man that destroyed something precious to him.

I wanted to be angry with Mikey, but I suppose the difference between Mikey and I is that I wouldn't resort to murder. Mikey I thought wouldn't either.

After what felt like an eternity of begging and crying, Mikey finally stopped. I didn't hesitate to stand up straight and pull Mikey into a hug. I was surprised how easily I dragged him into my arms; just a second ago I couldn't even stop his arm from moving. It was like his energy was completely drained.

   I knew what I should be doing, I should be making sure Kazutora was alive. I should be clearing everyone out of here. I should be confronting Mikey for what he did. 

But I couldn't, all I could do was hold him.

My arms wrapped around him tight, the blood that covered him was sticking to my skin and through my uniform as I did so. But I didn't care, right now I needed him. I needed him to be okay, to feel safe, to feel loved. "Mikey..." I cried out, but it came out a whisper that only he could hear. And he didn't respond.

I wasn't surprised that he didn't hug back, I was just glad he didn't push me away. If he did, I don't know what I would have done. The longer we stood, the tighter I hugged him. Any sobs I had came flooding out at full force now. Usually, I would be embarrassed to be crying in front of anyone. But here I was, bawling in front of two whole gangs as I held a murderer in my arms.

When my sobs calmed down, I could finally hear what was going on around us. I could hear shouting, and both the strong voices of Kisaki and Draken.  None of it was clear though, and I let myself finally get a clear look of Kazutora. My stomach dropped when I realized he hadn't moved from his last position. Two guys from Toman had already gone over to him with a tarp.

"Mikey..." I started, the guys lifted his body that was barely recognizable onto the tarp and wrapped him up. "Mikey...?" Tears started to come out again. "Mikey, you killed him..."

For a split moment I finally heard his voice, calm as ever. 

"Stop crying." He ordered.

"Huh?" I pull away and looked him in the eyes.

"Don't waste your tears on someone who doesn't deserve them." 

His eyes were dark, darker than I had ever seen before.

////—////

When I finished cleaning up his face, I took ahold of his wrist to bring him back up. I threw away the bloody paper towel into the toilet and flushed away the evidence. I led Mikey to the sink, turning on the water and making sure it was warm before helping him put his hands in it. I took some soap from the dispenser and began to wash his hands. The blood was washed away and tainted the water a dull red. I savored these moments, as weird as that sounds. This was when Mikey let me actually feel a sense of normalcy, as abnormal as this was. It would throw me back to the good years; when we would all go out, share drinks, ride our motorcycles. Stupid little things that made me want to wake up each day.