"I would never do that!" His body jumped from the seat, a hand held to his chest as he defended himself. "What- I'm sorry if I made things more difficult for you, but it was never my intention to use you to make myself look good!" The hand still hanging onto the desk shook as his head spun in circles, eyes darting to the side. "You might have been unable to do anything before but this time, we have proof! I'm sure that some of the other students saw what was happening! If we just talked to them, then I'm sure we could convince them to back us up! There's a security camera right outside of the bathroom too, isn't there? Surely, there must have been something recorded on there that shows you and the other girls. If we could just ask-"

"That isn't enough," she interjected again. A soft sigh was emitted as she shook her head again, looking at the ground coldly. "Don't you think I've already tried that? But anytime I try to bring it up, they just tell me I'm just being dramatic. Nobody is going to listen to some kid, let alone a quirkless girl." Her lips turned downward, the hand that had been rubbing at her face only grasping at the locks of hair that fell forward. Her fingers that gripped her skirt had turned a light shader than the rest of her body, suffocatingly. "I'm so tired. Tired of dealing with all of this. I don't want to make this a bigger thing than it already is. Please, just stop. They're just kids."

"You're the same age as them," he refuted. "You don't have to like me. I...I'll do my best to stay out of your way if that's what you want. But you should strongly reconsider. You shouldn't have to do through all of this alone."

She remained silent, her shoulders holding back a heavy breath. A shaky laugh escaped from her mouth before it was replaced with another blank expression. She removed herself from her chair, making sure to not scrape the legs against the ground. "I don't understand you," she quietly mumbled out. "You seemed fine doing nothing before so I don't understand why you're suddenly concerned about me. You really...I'm not going to get mad at you for ignoring me, you know that, right?" She looked back at him in consideration, confusion lacing her voice temporarily. "It wasn't like you did anything bad. It's my own fault for allowing things to come this far anyway."

When they had first met, he had never considered her to be all that much. She had looked so entirely average compared to everyone that it came as almost no surprise when she revealed herself to be quirkless. But watching her these past few days and the distance she had crafted between herself and their classmates, it almost seemed cruel to allow her to leave like this. Though they might have never once talked to one another before familiarly, the feeling of how wrong everything was had become far too strong to ignore. She was just another person like him.

"I don't think people like us we'll ever get along with each other," she laughed out again. "You just- You'll never actually understand my feelings, will you? Don't get me wrong, you're not a bad person. But honestly? I just can't stand people like you."

The completely average girl shattered right in front of him and he could do nothing about it except watch.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"Iida-kun?"

The blue-haired student looked up from his food, slightly taken aback as he turned toward the green-haired male seated beside him. Midoriya gave an awkward smile, slowly pointing towards the bowl that was sitting on the table. "Are you feeling alright? You haven't touched your food since we got here," he started, his smile morphing into something more concerned. "Uraraka-chan was trying to ask you a question but you weren't answering..."

"Sorry," he let out, shaking his head. "What were you saying, Uraraka-chan?"

"You and Masami-chan really similar to one another, you know?" the brunette commented offhandedly with a small smile. "I kind of thought it was weird why I felt so familiar around her but now I think I'm starting to get it. She has a bunch of the same traits as you and Deku-kun."

Since I've Been Given Another Chance, Let's Be Heroes | BNHA x ReaderOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara