Prologue Part 2: Save and You Shall Reap

The artwork is not mine, Credits to the one who made it.

Y/n Pov

Siracusa

"Spy Camera working? Check. Tripwires in functional condition? Check again. Is my Hat not scratched? Check again." I noted. It's not easy to keep these devices in good working order. The most irritating aspect of regular maintenance is re-calibrating the tripwires. You may never know when will a tripwire not work as intended. I've had some faulty ones in the past, and some of them almost cost me my life, information, and a paycheck.

"Looks to me I got everything done and in order." I tell myself pleasantly, that a nice round of maintenance helps me get motivated to steal more precious information, how fun. "It's 5:14 in the morning, I must leave before 6 then, or else something terrible might happen."

I instantly cover my mouth, realizing what I just said.

"Ah... Jinxed myself." I face-planted myself, very much knowing something wrong is going to happen

"Well, now time to move out." I packed up all my things and left the room, but then came to a halt, trying to remember what I forgot to pack. Suddenly I remember, so I quickly dash back into my room.

"Oh my, I can't forget about you guys can I?" I quickly took all of them and left the room.

Timeskip

I peek up at the sky after a few hours of leaving the motel and discover that the sun has not yet risen, It's the perfect time for me to buy supplies without drawing any suspicion.

"Damn, Storage is almost full, I should acquire myself a new vehicle as well. It will certainly help me in saving time when traveling and in resolving my storage issue." I thought.

My one-of-a-kind portable storage device is about to run out of space. How did I acquire this? Well perks of my old job, thanks to a little engineer of my previous team. After a little monologuing I headed out towards a nearby city. Thinking about buying supplies.

Timeskip

City of Vite

"Quite the snug place actually, I guess this is one of the few perks of a place being run by mafia families." I whistled, checking the place out. I've been here before, but it's been a very long time.

I walked down the city streets of Vite, whistling. I can already feel the glares of people I walk past, to which I never paid any attention to it. They must have recognized me in some way or at least what am I, so much for an undercover. Not like I was planning to anyway.

In places like Siracusa, where a single piece of vital information leaked will ruin an entire string of connections, people like me are important. We are like weapons of destruction towards other rival families, only with less shooting and more spilling.

"Seeing this place evolve reminded me of some of the memories I have around here." I whispered.

I'm surprised that no one here tries to confront me, despite my reputation. Is it my clothes? My attire is similar to what I normally wear when I go info stealing. Although this iteration makes me look like a fashion star rather than a broker. I suppose this and wearing helmets, masks, or other face-covering clothing is pretty common nowadays.

"I wonder if she still remembers me." I thought, reminiscing of the memories I have of her.

Minutes passed and I ended up in the suburban area of the city. Maybe they have an electronic shop here, although I doubt it since the place looks like hell.

I walked through the suburbs when I came to a halt noticing the graffiti on the wall.

"The Infected are beings too. We are still people. We are not animals." I read, The last one is quite debatable though. Discrimination is a bastard. Give me more reasons to join Rhodes.