"Oh great, you're late again, Stevie." Donna remarked, her voice coated with disapproval.

"Again, it's Steven." The man corrected her, "I'm really sorry. The bus was early and i—"

"I hope you two don't do that often." Donna interrupted and turned to Elizabeth, "You. On-time. Tomorrow."

Donna left the two without saying another word, leaving the two of them with an awkward tension between them. Timidly, Elizabeth turned to the man standing beside her, offering him a kind smile as she extended her hand towards him.

But then—

"I—"

"I'm—"

The two of them paused and stared at each other when they realized that they spoke at the same time. Elizabeth just felt her cheeks heat up while the man in front of him laughed awkwardly. Elizabeth stared at him and couldn't help but think that he has a nice smile.

Stop it!

"I'm sorry. You go on first." the man told her but Elizabeth quickly declined, not wanting to speak first because she knew she would be a stuttering mess.

Steve was fine with it and carried on, "I'm Steven, Steven Grant. How about you?"

Elizabeth bit the inside of her cheek while she rubbed her hands on her jeans before extending her hand again. "I'm Elizabeth Foster."

Steven flashed her a friendly smile, it calmed her nerves at least. He grabbed her hand and shook it once. Steve walked inside the counter, joining her side as he handled the items in front of him.

"So," Steven started, "First day here?"

Elizabeth raised both of her eyebrows as she released her bottom lip from her teeth, "Yes."

"So what brings you here?" Steven asked as he transferred the items off of the ground and onto the shelves behind them. Elizabeth was watching Steven work, noting anything that he was doing. She might as well move before she suffers the wrath of their manager, she was scary during the interview, even more so now that she was working under her.

Elizabeth found a similar box full of the same items that Steven was putting up and began to do it as well. "I need to earn money, for personal reasons."

"Aren't we all?" Steven said with a soft chuckle which Elizabeth reciprocated with a more awkward manner. Her smile dropped from her day when she was reminded why she was doing this, she could've been studying to follow in the footsteps of her Mother but something came up and she had to put that dream to a halt.

The rest of the day went smoothly, with Steven talking to her whenever the gift shop was not being approached which was most of the time. But in that short amount of time they spent together, Elizabeth had grown comfortable around Steven, even finding herself more confident around him than anyone in the workplace.

There was someone else who tried talking to her and that was the security guard in the entrance of the museum. He was giving the weird looks that she couldn't tell if he was being friendly or being a flirt. She really, honestly couldn't tell.

Still, who would've thought she would be talking to someone on the first day of her job? If she had told her sister about it, she won't be able to believe it. She expected it to be difficult on the first day, considering her inability to interact with people first-hand.

It was evening by the time they were done, Elizabeth was standing alone in the bus stop, her attention glued to the phone in her hand, staring at the three dots that appeared in her screen before it disappeared, then it reappeared again and with seconds later, a blue cloud filled her screen.