Chapter 01

Chapter 01: A Dance With Her

Stiles was nervous as hell. He was going to a dance with Lydia! Lydia Martin, the girl he has liked since the third grade and there is nothing more he'd like to think about at the moment. He didn't know how it got to this but he didn't care, actually. In fact, deep inside his heart, even though impossible, he was hoping he would mean something to Lydia. Even just for a while. It would be enough.

"So are we getting out of the car or what?" Lydia asked suddenly. Her eyes away from Stiles' and out the window.

Stiles' mouth protruded and scanned the area. Okay, there will be nothing or no one to harm Lydia Martin outside. He glanced at her with a soft smile. "All clear. Wait, let me get the door for you."

Seeing as there was no need to, Lydia tried to stop him but he was too quick. He was always fast and energetic. It didn't bore Lydia on the way to Beacon Hills High School because as much as it pains for her to admit, Stiles was an actually interesting person to converse with.

Lydia went out of the jeepney as soon as Stiles opened the door but Jackson was the first thing she saw. Jackson was with Allison. She already knew that but it still feels like a stab in her heart. She liked Jackson. Their eyes suddenly were locked on each other before Jackson grabbed Allison's hand softly and placed it on his arm. They left together afterwards.

Lydia gulped hardly. "What am I doing here, anyway? I should be sleeping at home."

Stiles chuckled which made Lydia furrow her eyebrows. "Oh, please. You? Lydia Martin would miss an actual school party to sleep? Uh-uh, I don't think so. You like parties. We're going to a party."

"Stiles, it's a formal party." She answered.

"Still a party," Stiles muttered but then suddenly froze when he realized something. "Wow, you actually remembered my name..."

"I'm not that cruel, you know?" Lydia couldn't help but sigh.

"Most of the time, you're not." He answered.

It made her stifle a laugh so she put her hands around Stiles that made him space out for a second. Still, Stiles led Lydia inside and promised himself that he would not leave this school tonight until he dances with the most beautiful girl at a high school formal party.

"Alright, then. Let's head inside before we freeze to death."

Since Scott wasn't allowed in the formal, even though he was here in school, Scott asked Jackson to take Allison for her sake. Stiles knew that Lydia likes Jackson even though she acts stupid around him to make Jackson feel much better about himself. But he doesn't understand why Lydia would do that. She was too perfect to be with someone like Jackson.

He may never be with her but at least he wants Lydia to be with someone who treats her like she's the only thing that matters. Someone who's afraid to break her fragile heart. Stiles smiled painfully, thinking that this would be the only moment where the two of them would be this close. Because after this, after Jackson realizes Lydia's true worth, Lydia won't hesitate to come back into his arms.