"Hello? This is Ash. Yeah, I'm doing great. I'm in Hoenn right now. What for? Oh, just visiting friends. So yeah, you mind doing me a favor? Really? Thanks! Alright, I need the address to the (spoilers!)'s mansion. Alright, give me a moment, let me write it down."

Ash grabbed a piece of paper and scribbled an address down on it. "Thanks man, have a nice day." he said to the person on the other side of the call, and hung up. "Alright, all that's left is to get there."

Ash then spotted a taxi and entered it.

"Where to sir?" the driver asked.

"Here." Ash showed the driver the address. The driver nodded and stepped on the pedal, and they were on their way.

Meanwhile, at the Contest Hall

Lisia walked down the halls of the building and entered the girl's locker room, where she saw a girl with honey blonde hair, dressed in a gray skirt with a red and white checkered dress, black leggings and boots, as well a gray fedora on her head. That girl is Serena, who has been in Hoenn for quite a while, going through the contest circuit. The two have become good friends by now, having participated in so many contests together.

"Hey Serena!" Lisia waved. Serena looked up and smiled. "Hi Lisia, how are you?"

"Great! I must tell you, you have really improved since you first started your contest career!"

"Oh th-thank you!" Serena replied, "Though I do love contests, they really are to help me when I get back to Kalos and start performing again."

Lisia patted Serena on the back. "Oh, with your skills? You will do wonderful! Honestly, with how much you talk about performing, I might even think of trying them myself!"

The two friends laughed as they exited the locker room and then the building. "You know, Serena," Lisia said "I can't help but notice something."

"What would that be?"

"There are moments where you would end up in a really bad position. Where most people would have given up or forfeited, you seem to keep battling on, no matter how slim the chances of winning are! I've hardly ever seen this sort of determination before! Where'd you pick it up?"

"Oh, an old friend of mine always told me, 'Don't give up until it's over!' and I've taken that saying into heart ever since!" Serena answered without hesitation.

"Oh, you always seem to speak highly of this 'old friend' yet you never dropped his name. Is he REALLY just a friend?" Lisia asked with a slight grin.

Serena blushed and shook her head "H-huh? N-no! He really is just a friend!"

Lisia chuckled. "Alright, whatever you say. Hey, Serena, want to stay at my place for a while? My parents are out for the week, so it will just be the two of us! Well, aside from the staff of course."

"Really?" Serena said in disbelief "That's so kind of you! Thanks!"

"No problem!" Lisia replied. "Let me call my driver!"

Outskirts of Lilycove City, Hoenn 6:00 PM Local Time

Ash's taxi has arrived at its destination. He paid and thanked the driver and made his way towards a beautiful looking mansion. It clearly looks like a very nice place to live, but the owner didn't take any effort to make it needlessly fancy, which Ash appreciated. Makes the building easier on his eyes if he's being honest. He checked the address on the mailbox with the one on the slip of paper. Yep, this is the one. Being a champion certainly has its benefits, with the connections with the league. Ash walked towards the gate, where he spotted a guard.