Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Staring out the window of the car, you sighed. You were on your way to Gravity Falls with your parents which may sound fine but they were going to strand you there and go on a road trip themselves. It was typical of them. All you could do was sigh and wait patiently to get to the house they were renting for you. They didn't trust you enough to leave you in their house but a random house they found was completely fine in their opinion. You just hoped there would be something to do there or internet. Internet would be just fine to you.

You leaned your forehead against the glass and glared at your surroundings which consisted of trees, trees and more trees not to your surprise.

"(Y/N)!" Shouted your mother from the seat in front of you. "We're almost here!"

You looked at her before peeking through the windscreen at the front o the car. Up ahead you saw a small town and you assumed this must be none other than Gravity Falls. You were the opposite of excited. Not before long, the car pulled up in front of a small looking house. It supposedly had two bedrooms but from the outside, you may have doubted that.

"Come on, (Y/N)! Let's get you settled in." Your mother said, ushering you out of the car. You grabbed your suitcase on the seat beside you and made your way into the house which your father had unlocked.

As you entered, you were met with a bland hallway. It had cream coloured walls and a landline phone perched on a set of drawers. You made your way past your mother whom entered before you and ventured upstairs. Immediately you were greeted by 3 doors. Two you assumed to be bedrooms and the other would likely be a bathroom. Firstly you opened the door to your left which happened to be a bedroom. Inside was a cramped space which consisted of a single bed, a desk and stool, a set of drawers and a bedside cabinet. It seemed cosy.

Next, you yanked the door handle to the front of you to see the bathroom, or rather shower room since there was only a shower, toilet, sink, towel rail and cabinet in there. It meant you were deprived the comfort of a bath. This was just getting better. Finally, you pulled open the other door to see a bedroom completely identical to the one opposite it. You noticed it was all squashed together and you knew you'd have to get used to these conditions over the course of the summer.

"(Y/N)!" You heard your mother yell from beneath your feet. Sighing, you trudged down the stairs to the living room where she was standing with your father. The living room wasn't much to behold as it consisted of a sofa and a small TV sitting atop a coffee table. You pushed past your parents to the kitchen which was basically a corridor with cupboards lining both sides. There was also what you'd usually find in a kitchen: microwave; oven; fridge/freezer; sink etc... It was all quite basic. Nothing special. Being a 16 year old, you'd rather have a slight bit of excitement since you were elderly just yet. You opened the fridge and were met with an empty chill.

Your mother popped her head around the corner. "Sweetie, you'll have to go buy some groceries. We didn't bother." You scoffed, it's not like they bothered with anything when it came to you anyway. "Anyway, we don't want to intrude with you settling in so we're going to pick up our RV now and leave. Oh and remember to keep the car safe when we're gone."

You rolled your eyes and faced your mother. "Alright. See you later then." You gave them a lazy wave as they left through the front door. The door slammed shut. Plonking yourself on the sofa, you took your phone out of your pocket. The screen lit up and you unlocked it before looking at your Wi-Fi and your phone signal. Both were non-existent. You sighed yet again. Sighing was becoming a common thing for you. How were you meant to entertain yourself now? Before you could contemplate an answer, your stomach rumbled as it hungered to be filled. Well, it was time to go to the store then and pick up some groceries. Maybe there would be a source of entertainment there.