After School

I walk out of the school with Grant and Maeve by my side.

"God if I have to run one more lap my legs are going to fall off" I say to them.

Maeve agreed "I wished I had a hair tie , my hair stuck to the back of my neck with sweat"

"Gross" Grant says as he shakes his blonde hair.

We were just passing Miss Patty's as I see my lame sister with Lane walking towards me.

"7 sharp Sell"

"I know Row"

I hug Lane as we pass each other. Lane been Rory best friend since kindergarten.

The same year I met Grant and Maeve at the local park.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

" Someone has a birthday coming up" Grant says.

"Is your mom doing some party this year?" Maeve puts her hair up.

"Um I think she's planning something it's probably best to ask her"

"I guess I'll keep October 8th open then" jokes Grant.

"Ha Ha Ha" I throw one of Maeve pink fluffy throw pillow at him.

"I swear if you make a cake of my face again I'll kill you" I look at Maeve.

"It's iconic plus it's not JUST going to be your face it's going to have Rory's too"

"Your face was delicious last year" Grant mentions.

"Wear that dress we got last week , you'll look hot" Maeve looks through her closet trying to find it.

"The white one?"

"Yup" She throws it at me and I catch it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yesterday I left my bike at Maeve's so I ride back to my house.

I went to the back door and left my bike right by the door.

"Hello I'm home" I yell out for someone to hear.

"Mom's working at the INN , someone broke the shower there"  Rory explains.

"Oh do you have any stamps for the history paper?"

"Um yeah I got some from the INN"

"Let me guess Michelle wasn't so happy with you taking them" I walk into our room and place my school bag down by my bed. I take my clothes off and change into PJS. The ones Mom got last Christmas blue snowflakes pants and shirt that has a big snowflake in the middle of it.

My mom has this weird obsession with the snow.

Her first kiss, Rory and my first steps etc. She says it's the time everything feels right in the world.

"Yeah I got them last week at the INN"

"How was Lane's ?"

"Mrs Kim yelled at us for being to loud"

"Sounds about right"I say to her.

Rory opens up my backpack and grabs my history paper.

She reads it over.

"This is pretty good Stella" She says.

"Thanks" I sit on my bed and cross my legs.

We both get to work studying, me on my history paper and Rory has an English paper to do. Every time we study we never talk for a good ten minutes it was quiet but then Rory says something.

"I saw this cute boy today at school"

"Is it the new guy named Dean?" I met a new kid during Spanish class every girl was blushing at him.

"I don't know his name, I just saw him looking at me"

Finally what I've been waiting for my whole life. Rory never talks about cute boys to me or cute girls to begin with. I'm Bi so I like boy and girls only Mom, Rory , Grant , Maeve and Lane knows.

"He has brown hair and these beautiful brown eyes I've ever seen" She says.

"OMG that's him" I get happy.
"I'll introduce you to him tomorrow after school"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------