𝟐𝟔. confession

Start bij het begin

"That's Randall," Glenn answered. Everyone shared a glance before slowly approaching the red car. The boy was young, he had a red blindfold around his head and he had messy dark brown hair.

While everyone was invested with 'Randall', Kloe quickly glanced up in hope to catch Glenn's eye, but instead he was walking the other way, away from everyone.

What happened out there?

...

"We couldn't just leave him behind," Rick reasoned. Everyone was all in the Greene's house dining room as they had a little meeting about what to do with Randall. Kloe leaned against the wall beside Maggie and Isabelle. Glenn still avoided any eye contact, and she didn't know why. "He would've bled out, if he lived that long.

Glenn finally looked away from the table and up at everybody, "It's gotten bad in town." His voice was low and soft. Once again, the second Kloe met his gaze, he instantly looked away.

"What do we do with him?" Andrea inquired, shaking her head.

"I repaired his calf muscle as best as I can, but he'll probably have nerve damage," Hershel entered the room, wiping his hands with a light green cloth. "Won't be on his feet for at least a week."

"When he is, we give him a canteen, take him out to the main road, send him on his way," Rick simply said, his eyes darting between everyone in the room.

Just as Daryl entered the house, Andrea began to speak again, "Isn't that the same as leaving him for the walkers?"

"He'll have a fighting chance."

"Just gonna let him go?" Shane asked in disbelief. "He knows where we are."

"He was blindfolded the whole way here," Rick defended, glaring across at Shane. "He's not a threat."

"Not a threat? How many were there? You killed three of their men, you took one of them hostage but they just ain't gonna come looking," Shane argued.

"They left him for dead. No one is looking," Rick remarked, his voice growing louder the more frustrated he got.

"We should still post a guard," T-Dog suggested.

"He's out cold right now, will be for hours," Hershel informed, looking across at everyone, mainly Shane.

"You know what? I'm gonna go get him some flowers and candy," Shane sarcastically said, walking toward the exit of the room. He scoffed, "Look at this, folks. We back in fantasyland."

Kloe quickly took a few steps back away from Shane, along with Maggie and Isabelle doing the same. They weren't even in his way, but it was obvious that they didn't trust him or they were terrified of him.

"You know, we haven't even dealt with what you did at my barn yet," Hershel stopped the raging man, pointing right at him. Shane turned around to face him as he continued speaking. "Let me make this perfectly clear, once and for all. This is my farm. Now I wanted you gone. Rick talked me out of it, but that doesn't mean I have to like it. So do us both a favor. Keep your mouth shut."

Kloe's eyebrows were raised at Hershel's confrontation. Although, everyone in the room wanted what his last sentence was. Shane would never keep his thoughts to himself, he had to spread it out to the world.

Shane scoffed one final time and harshly walked over to the door. He slammed the door shut behind him while Hershel continued wiping down his hands with his cloth. He turned to Rick, who was stepping over to him.

Rick placed his hand on Hershel's shoulder, "Look, we're not gonna do anything about it today. Let's just cool off."

Then, everyone began leaving the room. Maggie, Kloe and Isabelle all shared a glance, ready to go back into Beth's room. Kloe nodded to them, looking down at the ground briefly. Her breath got caught in her throat as she got a glimpse of Glenn walking past them, walking toward the front door.