"Disgustingly close and in love," he snorts, "They can't keep it down to save their lives."

"Hey, she found the love of her life, let her be," I scold, "one day, it's going to be you."

"Good one," he chuckles.

"Just wait," I tell him with narrowed eyes, even though he can't see me. "One day, you'll know what it feels like to be stricken and obsessed with someone."

"If it's whatever Riccardo and Aurora have, I don't want it. Riccardo doesn't have any shame when it comes to his wife."

I do want it. Whatever my sister and her husband have.

The passionate love and tension – I want it all. To be consumed by love and knowing that your partner loves you as much.

"Sad day to be you," I murmur and stare at the ceiling.

"Speaking of, I just had an interesting conversation with Riccardo," he trails off.

I raise my eyebrows. "Oh? Tell me more."

"You don't want to know," he replies dryly, "but uh... it opened my eyes a little more. Gonna try something out."

"Hope you'll like it, then," I snort.

"The purpose isn't for me. It's going to hurt in the beginning, actually," he says.

My frown deepens. "You're confusing as fuck, Nico."

"Anyway, I've got to go, sis. Talk to you later and you better rock all those concerts."

"Will do," I smile and then we both say goodbye.

I call my sister next, and while the phone is ringing I wonder why I didn't have a video call with my sister and brother at the same time.

Aurora picks up quickly and her voice sounds gentle and sweet when she greets me.

"Hey Elena, I've been wondering how you are," she says and a soft smile touches my face.

I miss her dearly.

"I'm good, everything is keeping my head busy so that's why I don't really call a lot. How are you?"

"I'm perfect. The kids are still asleep, it's early in the morning here," she says. "Riccardo is making breakfast and I'm just being a lazy woman today."

"You deserve a day off," I grin. "Having brains and looks must be exhausting."

"Way too exhausting," she sighs dramatically.

"Glad I can't relate if you're this tired."

"Hey!" she scolds and I wince at her tone. "You don't talk about yourself like that. You're so beautiful, you're a sight for sore eyes, Elena."

I turn my head and meet my reflection in the mirror.

I know I'm not ugly. But I'm not what she describes me to be, either.

I'm average.

Bland.

Closing my head, I force back the tears and will away Ares' voice from my head. He will not get to tell me what I am and what I'm not.

"Thank you, Rory."

"It just sucks that you can't see what I see. What we all say," she says softly.

"You look so much like mom, I used to be jealous of it. You have a natural and innocent beauty to you, it's mesmerizing to see. Use it to your advantage."

I wish I knew how.

And I've heard people compare me to my sister and mom.

Aurora has a beauty that shuts you up. It stuns you into silence. I've seen people halt in what they were doing at the mere sight of her.