"I have to leave in thirty minutes," she widens her eyes expectantly.

Wanda smiled and nods, "I know, me too," she giggles, "I'll drive you." Poppy nods, knowing that'll save some time.
"Yes, we're Hydra, the mafia here isn't the worst place to be you know. New York is the city that never sleeps but it also carries dreams. Your father, he is the best...he is benevolent and fair. It's why I insisted he come," she nods to her twin.

Pietro leans onto his legs with his elbows, "hey, I came for the Siren...Stark was just a perk of the deal." He shrugged as she studied them.

He gauged her confusion, "if we are using simple terms you're a witch, well, a Siren. You're mother was one as well, but she used her ability to be the greatest widow Hydra'd ever seen."

Poppy's jaw dropped, "her ability? What ability?"

Wanda stood and walked to sit on the large beanbag next to Poppy. Pietro laying back on the couch. The two watching her intently, gauging her for worry or fear.

Wanda smiled over at Poppy, "do you ever feel like people find themselves drawn to you, like...alot of people?"

Poppy thought for a moment, sad took in a breath. "Natasha, Olive," she cringed, eyes screwing shut, thinking about her lost friend. "And James, all say that I draw alot of attention but I never seem to notice."

"So your mother never found her anchor or her peace, so when she got hurt she sort of lost control. After her first dozen kills, the chaos and hunger for more became insatiable...thats what we heard. The widow program released her, but in her goodbye performance she broke her back."

Poppy shook her head, "how fuckin poetic.... Shit so that kindof explains her addiction, she numbed it with pills, why she let Ian abuse her for years is beyond me." They both watch her emotions, Wanda feeling her relief letting out a deep breath. "She may have felt she deserved it, see your mother wasn't driven by the same things as you, Poppy. You killed Rumlow because he killed your friend. Anastasia killed anyone for any reason.."

There was a thick silence after Wanda finished, Poppy feeling overwhelmed but somehow closer to her mother.

Wanda smiled at her, "she made you...and ran from Hydra to hide you..."

Poppy nodded picking at her fingernails, "okay so Siren, like the flying bird ladies that lure men to their deaths?" She forced a laugh and ran her hands through her hair, shaking her head.

Pietro stood and looked down at her, "more like an alluring, fascinating, intense little enigma that's also quite dangerous?"

She laughed and shook her head, "okay, so this little red riding hood?"

Wanda smiles, "it's a legend that was passed down since the era of the Shmidt family. The story of the girl with murder in her eyes, beauty in her aura of red, and the heart of a fighter."

She took in a deep breath, "okay what else does the tale say?" She looked between the twins.
"It's a legend," Pietro starts with a smirk, "well, Wanda and I are also..."

Wanda holds Poppy's hand, "you're anxious, yet comfortable, and you are hungry."

The girls giggle, Poppy looked at her, "emotions?"

Wanda nodded, "just empathetically gifted. Pietro can sort of predict movement before it happens, never loses a fight."

Poppy smirks with a roll of her eyes, "impressive. And what? I can attract attention?"

Wanda chuckles and shakes her head, "you're a magnet, you can lure people in, targets. It's a gift, one Hydra never quite found the ability to master, or keep," she smirked and Poppy nodded. The small redhead suddenly questioning everything and everyone in her life.