Tsugumi x Childhood Friend Male Reader

Requested by kaikun47

Location - Hazawa Coffee

Your POV

It was after school, and I was on my way to see a good friend of mine. Her name was Hazawa Tsugumi. She's been my friend for as long as I can remember, and everyday, I would make it my mission to come over to her place and check on her. Once I walked inside Hazawa Coffee, I spotted Tsugumi, hard at work like she always does.

"Welcome to Hazawa Coffee!" She said.

"Hi there, Tsugumi." I said.

"Ah, (Y/N)-kun. Welcome." She said with a sweet smile.

"How's work coming?" I asked.

"It's been hard, but I'm doing the best I can." She answered with the most determined look on her face.

This is what I always liked about Tsugumi. She is so kind, and she is willing to help those who need it. However, my only fear about her is that she might be working too hard. I can still remember the time where she collapsed from working too hard and had to go to the hospital.

"Just make sure not to overwork yourself." I said.

"Don't worry. I promise to be extra careful this time." She said.

"Anyway, I should get going now before my parents blow up my phone." I said.

"Alright, take care."

I walked out of Hazawa Coffee, and as I did, I felt a bit sad for leaving Tsugumi so suddenly. The truth is that I like her a lot, but she never seems to notice that. There will be a time where I will tell her how I really feel, but I don't know when that'll happen.
______________________________________

Meanwhile...

Tsugumi's POV

As (Y/N) walked out, I began to sigh and let my feelings show. I like (Y/N) a lot, and I want to tell him that. But my only fear is him rejecting me because I'm not exactly the cutest girl in Afterglow. I know (Y/N) probably doesn't care about looks, but still... I let out a sigh as I thought about this.

But it was at that moment that someone else walked into Hazawa Coffee. It was Himari, and I can tell she was in a really good mood today.

"Hiya, Tsugu!"

"Oh, hi there, Himari-chan."

"Sorry for not getting here sooner, the sensei wouldn't shut up about my summer homework." She said with a sigh.

"Oh, I see."

"Tsugu, what's the matter?" Himari asked. "You don't seem like yourself."

"Nothing..." I said, but Himari was really determined.

"Listen, Tsugu, we've been friends for a long time, so I know exactly what you're thinking." She said.

"Oh..." 

"So please, open up to tell me, and tell me what's going on." She said.

"Alright, I'll tell you..."

I told Himari about my feelings for (Y/N), and how he'll most likely won't feel the same way because I wasn't cute enough.

"So that's it, huh?" Himari said.

"Yeah, but I've never been in love before, so I don't know what to do." I sighed.

"In that case, leave it to me!" Himari said proudly.

"Really? You'll help me?" I asked.

"Of course. We are good friends, right?"

Hearing that made me feel better. I know I can always count on my friends in Afterglow to help me out.

"Thanks, Himari-chan." I said. "So, what should we do then?"

"Fufu, leave it to me!"
______________________________________

The weekend...

Your POV

Today is finally the weekend, and I've been asked to go to Hazawa Coffee. Tsugumi said that there was surprise waiting for me once I get there. Regardless of what the surprise is, I hope I can use this moment to ask her to be my girlfriend.

Once I got into Hazawa Coffee, I soon discovered that they did a 180 in the atmosphere here. There was no one else here, and lighting almost feels... romantic.

"What's going here?" I asked while looking around.

"Ah, thank you for showing up."

Tsugumi came into the frame wearing the most beautiful outfit I have seen on her. My heart started racing, and I can feel myself blushing.

"Tsugumi..."

"Well? How do I look?" She asked as a small blush appears on her face.

"I think you look beautiful." I said with a smile. I can tell that my compliment made her happy.

"So umm... what is all this?" I asked.

"(Y/N)-kun, I have to tell you something." She said.

"Alright, what's up?"

"I love you a lot, and I set this up so you and I can treat this like a date." She said.

I never thought Tsugumi would go out of her way to do this, and I was more surprised by the fact she set everything up like a date. No one has ever done this to me before, and I felt like I loved Tsugumi even more.

"Wow, Tsugumi, I'm so glad that you felt the same way as me."

"You mean..."

"Yes. I love you too, Hazawa Tsugumi."

She gave me a quick kiss on the lips, and I blushed a bit.

"So, shall we have our romantic date?" She asked.

"Yeah, I think it's a good idea." I replied and smiled.

And so, I began my first date with Hazawa Tsugumi, who went from being my childhood friend, to best friend, and now my girlfriend.

The end

A/N: Thank you for reading this one-shot. I hoped you guys liked it, and be sure to look forward to more one-shots from this book. Have a good one. :)