Unwanted Position

Start from the beginning

"Hawkins, send a letter to the palace. Ilia will not be attending her weekly meetings with crown prince." After seeing his daughter collapse last night, Yora felt like something had gone extremely wrong.

Well it's not like there was really a point to them in the first place.

Yora Elise watched his daughter dress herself up every week. Give him a kiss on the cheek, and sweetly say she was going to the palace. Every time she would return dejected but would never utter a word of complaint. With a fake smile she would respond that everything went well, or make an excuse that the prince was busy.

I'm so sorry my daughter. I couldn't protect you from that damned imperial family.

Yora had only ever wanted his daughter to live freely. Or marry a man that could allow her to inherit the duchy, if she wished to run it.
Even though he had a son, Yora wanted to give both his children a chance at attaining the dukedom. His daughter was brilliant and hardworking. She wanted to learn the ropes of becoming a duchess, but she had been stripped of that right the minute the emperor saw her. His son has been away at the academy of Sumeria, and is set to inherit the dukedom. But, Heron has never wanted to become a duke. He has also been forced into a position he doesn't like by the damned palace.

As he was thinking of how awful the royal family has been, a maid burst into his room.

"Are you out of your mind?! Who gave you the authority to come in like this!"

"Your highness, Sir Hawkins, please pardon me! The little miss is awake but there is something wrong with her!"

"What do you mean? What's wrong with her? Hawkins call for a physician."

"Yes sir." Hawkins almost flew out of the room with panic.

"Your highness, the little miss has been inconsolable since awakening. She has refused to eat anything or let anyone into her room."

Hearing that Yora got up, and ran towards his daughters room. His heart was beating loudly.

My poor child. What has happened to you?

The sound of crying could be heard coming from Ilia's room.

What do I do now?

Again?! I must go through this again?

Father. I'm so tired of living. I have been trying so hard.

Ilia stared at the elaborate pages stuck to her walls. She had painstakingly written every single one of them.

"Foolish!"

There was broken glass everywhere, and her hands were littered with tiny cuts. She had collapsed in the middle of her room. Shaking and crying she slowly walked towards the wall, and began tearing everything off.

"All I've ever done is love you! All I've ever wanted was you! You were my fiancé! You're supposed to be my husband!"

Breaking down, Ilia once again collapsed to the ground. Tears leaking out of her eyes, her body was shaking, and her hair was a mess. The dignified daughter was long gone.