It was an hour into the party and there wasn't more than 75 people. She felt relief when she recognized most of the faces. As she focused on her feet for a moment, she admits a small piece of her was consumed by worry, while another was so ready to face the music. Then she met his eyes, and nothing else felt scary, just losing him. Her emerald orbs bore into him, while eyes were on her.

Literally, as the sound of the recorded Little Red by The Petal Pushers starts to play.

She realized just how many steps it was but it was too late. She had stopped on floor two for a quick shot from the secret bar in the lounge. Deciding to take the stairs the last floor and regretting it halfway down.

'Too bold, too fuckin bold,' she thinks. More eyes focus on her by the millisecond, the girl in red, black and white, the velvet cape down to the back of her knees. The dress hugging her body perfectly, she thanked the gods she texted Nat to bring an old costume, the trio keeps most of their favorite costumes for moments just like this.

When her feet meet the bottom of the steps she fights her urge to look around at the eyes on her. Instead, she walks right for him, standing at the bar, where she is only to drink beer the rest of the night.

"Hi James, Steve," she smiles, her voice like honey. She sees James soften and admire her body with a trace of his gaze. "Hello, Poppy, I see you're late because of an outfit change."

She slipped her hood off with a small pout nodding, "and a nervous breakdown as always." She looked at him with a longing stare that he knew everyone was watching. Steve nudged him, "you look foor PopTart. You guys did great with the party!" She smiled up at him, his sunglasses on and the little MIB logo on a small patch he pinned to his jacket, she noticed Sam in the same get up dancing with a few of their employees.

When she looked back at the last man dressed in black, his sunglasses were up in his raven hair, his face was sad, "Poppy we will talk later, please make your rounds. The party does look phenomenal, good job."

He gave her hand a small squeeze, "have fun." Then he walked away from the girl that was still holding many of the gazes in that room, one less forgiving than the rest. Steve smiled and pat her shoulder, "try to have fun," she nodded and looked down as she turned to grab a beer.

She looked up from her sad fidgeting hands to meet the bright green gaze that she felt familiar yet poisoned under, she rolled her eyes with a nod and looked the other way, not wanting to face that completely sober.

Bucky was beyond conflicted, he knew he would do anything for her, and he questioned it because he never saw himself aligning with such a way of life. Peace, control, love, the idea of adding dark chaotic. violence to that made him shiver.

Poppy smiled over at Natasha flirting with Bash, looking around and locking eyes with Chris before seeing her father beside him. Walking toward the two talking with a furrowed brow. Her father pointed to Chris, stood dressed as a construction worker. "I met your friend, gotta say he looks like the one you were with in your apartment that day you told me the hell off."

She giggled, looking at Chris for a minute and shrugging, "maybe, my mind is fuzzy with anxiety. I need a smoke and another beer."

She smiled as her dad nodded and moved for the bar. Chris looked her over unapologetically, she scoffed almost immediately. "My eyes are up here, Evans." He snapped to look at her with ocean eyes, "sorry, you just- you look great, Poppy."

She shoved her hair behind her shoulder and lifted her hood again, "thanks, wish I felt it." Tony walked back with a bottle of something light. "Thanks."

She took in a deep breath and turned toward the side door behind him, "I need some air, love the village people by the way...clever," she gave him a wide grin before turning to disappear outside.