Happy New Year... I think

Chapter 4

            Soph knew that there was something going on with Emma and Chad. They’ve always had a thing for each other except they were oblivious about it. When Soph walked into Einstein’s she had just seen Emma and Chad almost kiss. It’s not like it would be their first kiss with one another. Soph remembered it very clearly the day heck it was New Year’s Eve.

Flashback

 The three had spent New Year’s Eve going to a publicity event held by Emma’s parent. Emma wasn’t enthusiastic about attending but knew she had to for her parents. Though they weren’t joyous about going at first Chad and Soph decided that they should spend New Year’s Eve with their best friend. Even Nick was willing to go to the party to keep his SonBeam happy. Happy that she won’t be bored and alone at the party Emma became well sunny and bright.

The night of New Years Eve at the party…

As Emma was waiting for her best friends and boyfriend to arrive she spent the time at the party mingling with important people and some teens that were also at the party. As she was walking around she feels a tap on her shoulder. When she turns around to see a guy, he looked to be her age or maybe one or two years older (she wasn’t sure), in a tux.

“Hey I’ve never seen you around. My name is Liam. Liam Adams. Are you attending this party at your own free will or forced by your parents?” joked Liam. Emma chuckled at his joke and knew he was a victim as was she.

“Forced but hey now I have someone to talk to. Oh I never introduced myself, Im Emma Lynch but my friends just call me Emma. Nice to meet you.” said Emma to Liam. The two started to chat about what they liked and their lives. Emma started to feel a buzz from midnight blue Chanel dress pocket. As she pulled out her Iphone 4 she noticed that she received a text from Nick.

Babe some things came up and I won’t be able to make it. Sorry. Promise to make it up to you. Love you.  :P

When she finished reading the text Emma was disappointed and sad. Liam noticed her change of mood.

“Hey is everything ok? You seem sad.” asked Liam.

“Yeah it’s just my boyfriend won’t be able to make it tonight for the ball drop so I won’t be able to celebrate the new year with him,” gloomily Emma said.  Liam pulled Emma into a hug and rubbed her back in a soothing motion. After a few minutes Emma felt a tap on her shoulder and it was Chad.  Emma turned around, still clinging to Liam, and said to Chad “hey you made it?”

Chad noticed that Emma was sad and her eyes had a glassy look to them.  “What’s wrong Sunshine?” Looking at Emma holding on to Liam made him wish that it was he was the one holding her. The one able to keep her safe and just hold her till no end.

Emma let go of Liam and pulled herself together. “Nick won’t be able to make it tonight.” said Emma. “Sorry that my stupid brother couldn’t make it. Im always here for you Emma if you need anything.” Chad pulled Emma from Liam and gave her a hug.

The hug gave a shot of electricity through both their bodies that both felt. Emma always felt it but refused to believe that it was anything else she knew that between her and Chad was just friendship. Emma pulled away from Chad and introduced Liam to Chad.

“Chad this is Liam and he is stuck in the same thing as me and having to come to this party. Bleh.” Emma said as she gave her mega watt smile that she was known for. After a while the three chatted until Emma received a text from Sophie.

“So I know im running late but hey I had to find the perfect outfit. Im here already so you and Chaddy be somewhere lol :)

Emma laughed at what Sophie sent and showed it to Chad who as well laughed. They both said goodbye to Liam and were in search for Sophie. As the duo were walking their hands bumped into one another and soon Chad held Emma’s hand. Emma looked at him with a confused look at first but then she smiled at him. Chad returned the smile and they continued their search for Sophie.

It was almost time for the ball to drop and Sophie was nowhere to be found. The duo decided to look outside in the balcony hoping to find her. As they were searching Chad stopped Emma.

“Why’d we stop walking?” Emma asked Chad

“Look at the view from here. The waves are crashing so beautifully and it’s a full moon the lighting of it shines perfectly to the shore.” Chad showed Emma.

Emma was left speechless she walked closer to the railing and was amazed by the view. Chad walked up to her and hugged her waist from behind. Holding her tight never wanting to let her go. They both didn’t want to leave each other’s arms. After a while they heard the people inside the beach house counting down. “5, 4, 3, 2, 1… Happy New Year.”

 Emma turned around only to be faced very closely to Chad. Chad was getting lost in her warm chocolate brown eyes, while Emma was getting lost in Chad’s oceanic blue eyes. They both were leaning in closer and closer until their lips met. They were kissing each other so sweet and delicately at first that soon it became passionate, it was as if they knew they were meant for one another, they needed each other. As they were kissing they fail to notice Sophie was at the door watching them kiss. Sophie was speechless she never would have thought that they would kiss. She slowly backed away and let them have their moment; she wasn’t exactly sure how she should feel about them kissing. Emma and Chad never saw Sophie at the door nor when she walked out.

End of Flashback