C 10. He Ain't Heavy

Start from the beginning

You're off baking, you'll be doing drop off and pick up.” I'm not really sure I'm comfortable with that.

“We'll see, but FYI I'm not that friendly with others. Actually, why aren't you doing business with CBI? For once they're on the same page, somewhat. Why not give em the opportunity?” I see the dots pop up for a minute before they disappear and then they reappear.

“Because Jenard is still in the picture and you and I both know he's bad for business, if it was just Diamond coo, but Jenard fucks shit up.” I have a feeling that this isn't the full truth.

“Well, I don't see them splitting CBI anytime soon, and I don't think you'd want that for your business. You may think you do but you don't. Trust me.” I lock my phone and sigh pushing myself deeper into the couch.

“Jesus christ why am I here? The fuck do he think this is?” I check the time and see it's only been 30 minutes. Damn. Maybe I can wait about another 30 before bitching.
_______

Diamond POV

I watch as Celestial and D-Mac head down stairs and I look back to the head in my chair. I don't know why I even called her ass down here, I'm still pissed off about the shit she said no matter how much truth she gave that shit still went down rough. And she been trying to make up for it but I need to stick to my guns.

I'm still debating on whether or not to let her hit Adrianne's ass because it's no way she didn't think she'd be able to just get away with that shit. The shit I let her get away with while waiting on Celestial to meet me. Damn maybe I deserved that rough treatment. Why would a reporter be interested in the story the news got for free? Ain't shit interesting about my life or this street shit, I'll never understand the romanticized narrative people put on this shit it's taxing on yo body and mind.

“Good looking man, thanks.” I put the money in my pocket and I see Que opening the door my customer leaving out thanking her for holding the door open. She walks in looking at me scoffing.

“Sorry to disappoint you being in my own damn shop.” She rolls her eyes and I take notice of the grown locs that aren't as short as they used to be. She still bald headed.

“Where Jerry?” His ass left as soon as his last head canceled.

“He left early his last head canceled, what you need?” She sticks her nose up at me and I roll my eyes at the immature woman as I clean the chair.

“I needed a fade and a line up. But because he ain't here—”

“Me cutting your hair don't go against any best friend rules. Sit down especially seeing as I used to actually cut yo shit.” She sits down and I go and start to clean my tools.

“It goes against them when you made my best friend mad and got her being all sad and shit for telling the truth.” Here we go.

“So you think she was right in what she said?”

“No, I don't actually I told her that she was really mean in what she said but she's not wrong Diamond you and I both know she was a dumb bitch for yo ass and I can say that because I'm her best friend and imma love her dumb ass no matter what. You ain't get to see her without you, but she learned herself outside of your bubble, she found out what she liked in men, how to dismiss unwanted advances, everything. Now you're here she's trying to see if she can go back to old times or keep her armor up. You gotta see where she coming from.” I nod pulling her hair into a bun before putting the cape and neck guard on.