Damsell In Distress

Zayne

What was wrong with me?

Why did I treat her like that?

Did she hate me?

Why do I care if she hates me?

I don't even know her. I don't care.

And yet a part of me wanted her. A part of me needed her. I could see every emotion she felt, knew that she hadn't been in this world long enough to know how to hide them from shimmering on her soul.

She was afraid of me. She had that right. She didn't know who I was or what I was.

She also didn't know that I was afraid of her. It was wrong, this power she held over my mind just by meeting her. I wish it was a love spell or some kind of petty prank, but I wasn't a kid anymore and no one had done that to me in centuries. It didn't feel like any love potion I'd ever encountered. It was a hundred times worse and all consuming.

She was stubborn and snarky and it made me want her more. Made me want to worship her body and vise versa. The nightgown she wore drove my rationality into a frenzy and threw my judgement out the window.

Fuck.

I promised safety for humans who lived here. But she didn't live here so was it the same? The reputation I held in the outside world was different than the one I held within my castle. I didn't want to damper my reputation in either.

Surely pursuing a innocent young woman would be seen as sexual harassment to my workers and make them resent me. Not to mention the horrors it'd cause if word got out beyond these walls of me having a relationship with a human woman. Not that she was fully human but others didn't know that. If anything, her not being human would be an even bigger cause for dramatics.

This was bad. What was I doing? I shouldn't be thinking about this. It wasn't going to happen. I was one of the nine princes of hell and I shouldn't be letting a silly semi-human woman get under my skin.

Be that as it may, she was beautiful. Even though she was covered in specks of dirt and scrapes admittedly concealing some of her lovely features, her natural beauty still shined through. A gruesome scaring wound was above her heart, completely revealed when her hair wasn't covering it, but I'd seen far worse so it didn't hold any sway over my desire.

And her hair—-

Her hair had looked woven from the black heavens, fine but tangled strands of spacetime and starlight. How could she belong in a place like this?

My traitorous mind dragged me back to the image of me pinning her against the wall. Why had I done that? Was it frustration when she got sassy with me? Or did I know that the minute I touched her skin I would feel some slendom relief in the monster awakening within me?

I haven't had a girlfriend in over 200 years, and those girlfriends were more like flings, brought on by the pressure of those saying I'd need heirs after I "died", as if I'd be dying anytime soon.

But this girl... this girl would brings me to my knees and I didn't even know her.

And I couldn't tell what she was but I was certain she wasn't just a mere human.

I'd been surprised to pass by the room she was kept in and notice with my heightened hearing that she was awake. I couldn't help myself from barging in without knocking, especially with the suscipn I had held that she'd been sent from my father as a spy. He'd done that once, it didn't end well.

I found honesty in her answers to my questions which left me with even more questions I hadn't bothered to ask yet. After I fled the room from doing something stupid I walked to the closest kitchen to find her some relief from her obvious physical discomfort.