9

75 views <3 🥳

"puffy, the house!" a frightening hiss followed by an explosion then caused the girl to sigh.

puffy cringed in her seat. "ooh, uh, whoops?"

niki groaned at that and let her head fall back on a pillow, her headset jerking backwards.

"that's the third creeper you've led in!"

"sorry!"

"i'm gonna kick you out, at this rate," niki said, shaking her head with annoyed amusement.

these two had played two real life days (obviously with many breaks in between, including an uno match with minx) and had progressed a lot. well, as much as you can when someone keeps accidentally blowing up the house.

"you wouldn't do that, i bring a lot to the table," puffy argued. niki hummed in playful disagreement but didn't pursue the argument.
"oh, one second."

her character stopped moving and niki started to replace blocks that had been blown away. then puffy left the game.

"what happened?"

no response.

niki frowned but kept replacing blocks, eventually placing blocks over puffy's character, boxing her underground for when she came back.

after fixing the rest of the house with some stored away materials, niki restlessly paced over the spot that had been replaced.

after another few minutes of no sound from puffy, niki sat up straight from the bed.

"puffy?"

once again, no response.

the blonde walked to the door (the real one) and knocked softly, then assertively.

unsurprisingly, no response.

niki tried the handle and it easily turned in her hand, the door swinging inward just a little from the movement. she stepped back, shock clear in her face, then pulled it in a little more to peek out.

a long hallway with doors, some open, some closed, stretched out with a geometric red rug along most of it. a few short tables with flower vases filled the otherwise empty area. the whole hall seemed to be themed around red, with tinted lights, reddish wood along the bottom half of the walls and rose pattern wallpaper on the top half. how aesthetically old fashioned.

"woah," niki breathed out, narrowly avoiding bumping the headset mic on the doorframe and folding it away before it caused problems.

what is this? she thought in awe. well, obviously a crime boss's evil lair/house which i happen to be stuck in but jeez, this is fancier than the casino! niki listened carefully and only heard faint talking through a closed door so she slowly opened the large bedroom door and tiptoed out.

the first open door led to an office-like room, a desk and comfy looking swivel chair in one corner and a basket full of large and rather destroyed pet toys. a humongous dog bed was next to it. maybe she has one of those great danes or oversized pit bulls every mobster has in movies? frames covered the walls but niki didn't care to check them, expecting the classic newspaper clippings of past misdeeds to be hung in them.

niki carefully walked in, checking all corners for a security camera but seeing none and proceeding. there was a filing cabinet behind the desk with a few books piled on the top.

"the art of war" had several small post it notes sticking out of the top as bookmarks while a book of poems had a singular large paper sticking out. niki picked it up.