"You're Sokovian. Is that what this is about?"

"No," Zemo chuckles, "Sokovia was a failed state long before you blew it to hell."

"Then why are you here?" I ask. Zemo smirks and walks off from his station, leaving Steve, Tony, Bucky and I alone.

To the left of me, a recording starts playing. The four of us stand in silence and disbelief as the video shows the Winter Soldier and Tony's parents. When it finishes, Tony turns to Steve with tears forming in his eyes.

"Did you know?" Tony gulps.

"No." Steve sighs.

"Don't lie to me, Rogers. Did you know?"

"Yes."

Tony shakes his head and begins to attack Steve, Bucky backing up his best friend. I groan and run out the room, searching everywhere to find Zemo. Every so often, I have to stop dead in my tracks as the horrific memories keep flowing in. Years of being tortured, controlled, used, and nearly everything else all happened within these walls and I never thought I'd be back here. I shake my head again and continue walking, only to end up outside and right behind the Sokovian imposter.

"Hey!" I yell at him, grabbing my gun from my back.

"You really think you would shoot me, Emerson?" Zemo chuckles as he turns around with his hands up.

"Why didn't you tell me? When we met in Sokovia, I could tell you recognised me. So why didn't you tell me?" I asked angrily, cocking my gun.

"I would have been dead there and then," he grins, "I wanted to live a few more years."

"What about your wife? Your son?"

"They were killed. By you and your friends."

"It wasn't us. We got everyone off that island alive."

"It's still your fault," he snarls, "Stark created Ultron, he killed them."

"Do you really think you're going to get away with this?" I question, raising my gun at him.

"No. I didn't," he laughs, "I just wanted to see you suffer all over again."

"What do you mean?" My face drops into realisation.

"You know one of the people you don't remember from Hydra?" he continues, the smirk on his face growing, "that was me."

"I worked for them, and when Hydra died, I got what I wanted." Zemo chuckles. Just as I was about to reach for the trigger of my gun, someone places their hand on my shoulder. I turn and point my gun towards them, keeping Zemo in my peripheral. T'Challa stands in front of me with his hands up, slowly taking his mask off and placing it on the ground.

"Lower your weapon, Mr Emerson," he says calmly, "you don't want to kill him."

"He may have killed my father, but he is still a man." T'Challa continues after I've lowered my gun.

"Do you not want him dead?" I question.

"'An eye for an eye, a life for a life' may be what you believe in," he pauses, "but he deserves to pay for what he did."

"But what about the families of everyone he killed? What will they think?"

"I am part of one of those families Laurie," he sighs, "let me handle this."

"I almost killed the wrong man." T'Challa approaches Zemo as I step away from the two of them, still close enough to hear their conversation.

"Hardly an innocent one." Zemo replies.

"This is what you wanted? To see them rip each other apart?"

"I knew I couldn't kill them, more powerful men than me have tried. But, if I could get them to kill each other... well, that would work," Zemo answers, "and, I'm sorry about your father, he seemed like a god man."

I roll my eyes and walk away from the two of them, thinking over everything Zemo had said and done. Anger welled up inside of me, but I suppressed it so nothing would happen. The Quinjet left a few seconds after without me, and that anger was replaced by fear. I sprinted over to where Steve and Bucky had just come from and found Tony laying almost paralyzed on the floor.

"Oh, shit," I kneel next to him, "Stark, are you ok?"

"Do I look ok?" He says angrily.

"Ok, ok, sorry. That was a stupid question," I say, "do you have a way of getting home?"

"Not at the moment, but if we could avoid Ross or anyone like him that would be great."

"What about Rhodes?"

"He's in hospital."

"Crap. Ok, uh," I pause, "is your Friday system working?"

"Yeah."

"Get her to send a helicopter over."

"Friday," Tony winces, "get us a chopper."

"On it." She replies.

I prop Tony up against the column behind him and use the wrap from my gloves to put pressure on a few of his wounds.

"Did you know? About Barnes?" He asks softly.

"No, I didn't."

"I believe you."

"You do?"

"You went through the same shit as him," Tony replies, "and it's easier to trust you than Steve."

"You're just as stubborn as your dad," I chuckle, "you know that?"

"That would be who I got it from then." Tony laughs.

"You know you're lucky you're still alive. Steve, he- he's relentless."

"That much I figured."

"So, what stopped him?"

"Probably because we've known each other for so long. Or his morals. Or that he doesn't want to lose his status as Captain America."

"Probably," I pause, "what happened to the others?"

"Uh... Sam, Scott, Clint, Pietro and Wanda are at the raft prison, and Vision and Rhodey are at the compound."

"What about Peter? He seems like a good kid."

"He's at his aunt's. Happy took him there."

"Alright."