Rindou doesn't seem well. His eyes look red, you can't figure if it's because he drank all night or he cried. He looks pale and he's sweating a lot.

You want to ask how he's feeling but you're just too nervous to even sit beside him. All you can do for now is watch as he talked with Sanzu.

"Ah, me? I accompanied your girlfriend here. She said she missed you."

Did you tell him that? Of course not.

Rindou turned to face you, eyes a little bit hooded.

"You miss me?" There wasn't excitement in his voice. It was plain cold, like a blade on your neck. "Doesn't seem like it."

Sanzu looked at you and he looked a bit surprised at how Rindou reacted to you. His eyes were going back and forth from you to Rindou before he finally got the cue to stand up and bid farewell.

"Well, I gotta go now. Don't break the bed."

When you heard the lock click, your chest jumped. Palms sweating. The soft cushion doesn't even provide a tinsy bit of comfort.

Rindou shifted from his seat, brushing his long hair back. A long painful sigh escaped his lips. "Why are you here? I thought you're busy? I don't want to hinder your work."

Is he mad?

You bit your lips and finally grabbed all your courage to sit beside him. Immediately, you used the back of your palm to feel his forehead. Just like you thought. He's burning up.

"Hey, you have a fever! Let's' go back to your bed一"

He pushed your hand away, standing on his own. "Just go back to work. I can handle myself."

"Are you mad at me?"

He didn't look back and continued walking to his room. You followed him only to see him struggling to take another step. He must be hurting a lot and you're just there contributing to whatever pain he's feeling right now.

"I'm sorry, okay. I'm so sorry, so please, let me take care of you."

"You're hiding something, aren't you?" He sat down on the floor, looking up at you. Now that you can see his eyes clearly, he was indeed crying all night. "You don't have to apologize to me, Y/n. I'm just fucking anxious that... that I'll lost you like that."

As if you lost the strength on your legs, you flopped down next to him. Holding his hand against his will. You just want those lavender eyes to look at you again. "You're not gonna lose me, okay? And... if you want to know about anything, I'll tell you so please, don't ignore me."

"Weren't you the one who's avoiding me?"

"I wasn't一" You stopped talking. You have no right to deny because that's exactly what you've been doing. "I'm sorry, Rin."

"I told you not to do that. Hearing you say that makes me wonder when you're gonna leave me."

"What?"

Rindou was always there, always, and always there to reassure you that you're the only one. Take for example when he got involved with a dating scandal. He immediately rushed to your house and told you he wasn't dating anyone. The fact that you guys weren't even in a relationship back then speaks so much about how he'll never ever cheat on you.

But then, what about you?

You scoot over next to him, your knees touching. He looked at you for a moment before he averted his gaze again. His long mullet hair curtaining his face. "If you're worried about Mitsuya. I'll tell you this again. We're over. I'm over him, okay?" You opened his clenched fist, intertwining your fingers with his. You lifted your hands, kissing them with your shivering lips. "I'll never leave you, okay?"

"You forgot to tell me一"

Before he could say anything again, you chuckled, "Oh yeah. I love you. I love you and I'll never forget to tell you that, again."

You were startled when he suddenly let out a sigh, a long sigh of relief.

"Damn. I was so sure you're here to break up with me. You know I was practicing my lines over and over again to beg you not to leave me."

"What are you even saying? Where did you even get that idea?"

"Nothing. Mitsuya scares me. You say he's your ex-soulmate right? What does that even mean? Even soulmates can end?"

You suddenly looked at your pinky finger, the string glowing as if it's mocking you.

"Well, I guess it doesn't. We're still soulmates."

"What?"

You squeezed his hand tighter before looking at him. "Five years ago, when he broke up with me, my string turned black but I don't know exactly when but at some point it turned red again. I don't even love him anymore."

Rindou squeezed your hand back, closing his eyes. "What about him? Does he not love you anymore?"

You pulled your hand away from Rindou and instead faced him, grabbing him on his shoulder. "Mitsuya doesn't matter. Let's forget about him and you should just drink your medicine. I can't believe you sleep shirtless with a fever. Gosh."

A smile crept on his lips, reaching his hand to touch your face. "I don't even know that I can believe in God or whatever spirit brought you to me. But I can pray to every shine just to keep you with me."
You don't know whether it's the words coming out of his mouth that made you tear up or his soft voice that creates soft patches of warmth all over your chest.

Ah.

Whatever happens, whoever your soulmate, whoever his soulmate, you'll love Rindou under all circumstances.

"Me too, Rindou."