(𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈.)𝐐𝐔𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐒

Start from the beginning

Of course, it was simply only because she might be humanity's faith along with Eren. It was just that, really. Nothing more, nothing less.

"What do you think about her?" Hange suddenly asked the captain as he continuously sipped on his beloved black tea.

"She's quite interesting," he answered and the lack of hesitation in his voice made the woman turn to him with wide eyes that flickered with an unknown emotion behind them.

"You-"

Shuffling noises were heard and the two glanced quickly at the female who was still on the bed, only this time, moving. F/n shot up from her previously lying position and gasped loudly.

"Hey, take it easy," Hange softly said, placing a hand on her bicep and the other on her shoulder and guiding her back to hit the small cushion that was against the wall.

"Where?" she asked, frantic evident in her voice as she tried to get up the second time.

"You're in the infirmary," the woman responded, gently pushing her back against the wall and grabbing the plate of potatoes, "Eat. You must be hungry."

As if on cue, F/n's stomach grumbled which caused the older woman to let out a carefree laugh. The younger sheepishly took the potato from the tray and took a small bite out of it.

She scanned the room. The table, door, bed, chairs, window and... It was then that she realised there was another being in the room and that was the captain himself.

They caught eyes and like every other time it happened, a shiver ran down her spine as she felt a wave of emotions wash over her. Levi stared right into her eyes that she didn't notice had glowed purple.

It was nostalgic and mysterious. It held a certain secret that was known for a past her, someone who had experienced all those things before she had forgotten all about them.

That was his theory. To put it simply, it was her having memory loss and receiving memories through her dreams.

Hearing how she had told him someone tried killing her in her dreams made him grow that prediction. But it was all theoretical, not yet to be confirmed and he didn't know if it was going to be confirmed in the future anyway.

But he certainly looked forward to it.

The big reveal.

"What happened?" F/n asked Hange, who smiled as her attention shifted to her once again.

"I think I should be the one asking that," she laughed shortly before responding, "You were unc- asleep for three days and didn't wake up. We were worried and I'm glad you managed to wake up – we all are."

Now, she remembered. The fight. The Titans. The death. And the final wish.

'Protect them,' he said, 'Protect them.'

Who? Who exactly did he tell her to protect? Was it Eren? Was it Eren and his friends? Was it because he didn't want him to die the same way he did?

Another shiver ran down her spine, this time of a different cause. A bad one at that. But she asked nothing regarding that matter to either of the two in the room and instead asked another question.

"How is Mikasa?"

"Mikasa?" Hange repeated and the female nodded, "She's all right now. She's healed and is probably with Eren and the others."

The short woman nodded her head silently, looking down at her hands and fiddling with her fingers.

"Now, it's time for me to ask you questions," Hange grinned and the captain rolled his eyes.

"Erwin said, 'You are to not ask her insensitive questions that can be mistaken as trigger questions'," Levi quoted the commander, his arms crossed against his chest as he was done with his tea.

Hange let out an exaggerated air through her slightly pursed lips, rolling her eyes as she dismissively waved her hand.

"I'm not going to do that," she said, though it didn't sound reassuring to the captain at all, "Anyway, what happened with Reiner and Bertholdt? Did they run away? Did they survive or were they killed?"

Those questions had already been answered by the commander himself and Levi instantly knew that this interrogation session was to drift her mind away from the time when she let out an ear-piercing scream.

Their choice of words, not his.

F/n shook her head, her hand dropped on her lap as she was done with eating her food.

"Reiner and Ber- Bertholdt attacked by Titans that- that Eren..." she trailed off, raising her head to glance at the woman, "Ah!"

"Shout? Eren's shout?" Hange guessed and she nodded.

"I shout too," she admitted, looking back down on her lap almost in a guilty manner, "I shout and they... gone."

"They got pushed away by your scream?" Hange guessed and she nodded again, "How did you do that?"

The woman shrugged her shoulders, fingers playing with the string that was loose on the end of the thin blanket.

"F/n," Hange called in a serious yet comforting tone, "Did you fight the Titans too?"

"Yes," she answered without hesitation, "And with my a- ab-"

"Ability?" Hange grinned and the woman nodded.

"Yes."

"Wow..." the scientist whispered before letting out a breathy laugh, shifting in her seat on the bed, "What did you do?"

"I save Erwin," she said, "And J... Jean? A-And Armin! And Mikasa and Eren. But Mikasa was hurt so Eren carry her and pull me... Pull hand."

"Eren... pulled you?" Levi's eyebrows furrowed as he questioned the female.

"Yes," she nodded.

"Why?" Hange asked next.

"To go away," she answered, "From- From Titan."

"He saved you too?"

Her head bobbed twice, indicating that she was indeed correct. But the woman looked down once again, guilt washed over her, so much that it was very evident on her face and even her aura changed.

"But I couldn't save him..."

┬┴┬┴┤┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈├┬┴┬┴