47 | my marvel opinions

Start from the beginning

The timing was 100% intentional to make sure the Avengers would be subject to the Accords as written–no matter what was lurking on the bottom of page 440 in fine print. Steve is 100% right to be suspicious. This is one of the dirty tricks of American politics that Steve would be totally aware of. And sure, maybe there's a chance that everything was above board, reasonable, and so on, but you would NEVER sign a thing like that w/o actually checking/reading it. that would be foolish. I mean, did we forget that Project Insight was authorized and approved by The World Council? I guarantee you that Steve hasn't. I absolutely believe that Steve would have been willing to talk everything out, negotiate, listen to everyone's pov, and really consider everything carefully...but there's no time given to do that. It's all last minute, non-negotiable, and shady. Steve is a master tactician, natural leader, and a reasonable, thoughtful person who is a Big Picture thinker. It's weird that people just assume he rejects the Accords because he's being childish or something. That's not Steve Rogers at all."

Someone made this addition as well:

"yes, to all of this. i'm still of the opinion that the relentless pacing of civil war was detrimental to the clarity of the narrative, but it's becoming more and more clear to me that the subtleties behind steve's motivations for refusing to sign the accords were shafted, especially considering that the narrative is presented in a way that  makes tony the most emotional and sympathetic character on first watch.

which is weird, for it being steve's movie. and civil war is still steve's movie–every decision that steve makes results in consequences to which the others are forced to react and by which they are dragged along regardless of whether or not they want to be. although he strangely doesn't carry a significant portion of the emotional weight of  the film (that goes to bucky, tony, t'challa, and zemo), you would  figure that steve's thoughts would be clearer.

unfortunately, they aren't."

┏━━━━•❃°•°❀°•°❃•━━━━┓
AVENGERS:
AGE OF ULTRON
┗━━━━•❃°•°❀°•°❃•━━━━┛

I think this is one of my least favorite movies in the MCU. It had fantastic potential, but J*ss Wh*don's absolute buffoonery is too potent for me to enjoy it.

I hated Brutasha. Mostly because they had Bruce faceplant into Nat's chest when they fell because "haha boob, funny" but in reality, that scene is just weird. Then they had Nat call herself a monster because she can't have kids??? Then they had her get locked up in a cell and made Bruce rescue her as the Hulk because Damsel In Distress??? She's Black Widow, dude. She can handle herself as opposed to sitting in a cell like "oh well :( what's a girl to do :("

Not to mention the whitewashing of Wanda and Pietro!!! Not great!!! Not fond of it!!!

┏━━━━•❃°•°❀°•°❃•━━━━┓
AVENGERS: ENDGAME (1)
┗━━━━•❃°•°❀°•°❃•━━━━┛

I honestly loved the whole "time-travel to get the stones" bit. I don't care if the science was wishy-washy— it's called a sci-fi movie for a reason and people can freaking fly. Why draw the line at time travel?

Anyways, since I've been in the fandom for so long, it made me so giddy to see the present-day Avengers/Guardians going back in time to other movies. Like how they showed additional scenes from the first Avengers movie, what with Loki poking fun at Steve for saying "On my way down to coordinate search and rescue" and that being the reason he gets that gag over his mouth, "SO MANY STAIRS!", etc, it was just so fun to see!

Also of course, the present-day characters' bits were amazing in those scenes. My favorite highlights:

—"As far as I'm concerned, that's America's ass." *Salutes the booty*
—"Oh, you gotta be shittin' me."
—"Is that Axe Body Spray™?"
—"I'm going inside you."
—"That is America's Ass."
—"So he's an idiot?" "...Yeah."
—Bruce being embarrassed by his 2012 self destroying everything
—Bruce then having to pretend to destroy everything but doing it half-heartedly
—Steve and Tony literally not telling Scott what their plan is and just leaving him in 2012 with the scepter
—"Cap... Captain... Steve... Rogers... America..."