15.5: if takumi's family was close to the zenins in toji's time

ابدأ من البداية

Thus, Takumi endured and worked as a freelance sorcerer. Although he graduated from Tokyo Metropolitan Jujutsu Technical College, he didn't have any lingering feelings for that place. After all, with those old bastards sitting at the highest position in the jujutsu community, Takumi would die of frustration instead of being killed by curses.

At twenty six years old, he held the title of the strongest jujutsu sorcerer for about a decade now. Even if the council wanted to deal with him for not working for them, they had no choice but to concede in the face of absolute strength.

Currently, Iizuka Takumi was... lost.

He had been chasing after a speedy special grade curse but that thing had been too slippery and escaped every single time. Even when he summoned Asmodeus to lure it in, the curse didn't get baited at all.

Of course, he gave chase. However, after a few minutes of trying to catch up, Takumi realized that its presence had vanished as if it were smoke. He lost sight of it the second they reached a populated area. Because of this, Takumi could no longer sense it.

There were too many souls and negative aura in such a densely crowded place. It messed with his senses to the point he felt a bit dizzy. In the end, Takumi retracted his senses until it was the same as an ordinary human. The consequence of doing this would be Takumi's sense of direction turning even worse than it usually is.

After all, he relied on his extremely sharp senses to get by.

That, and Takumi's brain just couldn't understand maps. He gets lost even if he used a gps.

"Where the fuck did it go, dammit." In the end, Takumi walked around in hopes of accidentally stumbling upon the curse. It had already been a few hours since he arrived in this city yet he failed to find a single sign of that blasted curse's location.

Just as he turned around the corner, killing intent slapped him in the face... hard.

Takumi barely managed to escape from getting pierced by a broadsword by ducking. The sword was oddly familiar, as if he had seen it somewhere before. Taking a look at its owner, Takumi suddenly forgot how to breath.

Green eyes filled with bewilderment met his startled red ones before the other man twisted his lips. "Good to see ya, Takumi. How many years has it been? Sorry 'bout almost stabbing you in the face. You forgive me, right?"

"..." His shamelessness was a whole new level that it left Takumi too stunned to speak. He only snapped out of it when he heard a child's squeaky voice coming from behind Fushiguro Toji.

"Papa. Sleepy."

"Shut it, brat. You can sleep when we get back."

"... s l e e p y."

"Fuck, I should have left you at home."

Without uttering a word, Takumi's heated gaze turned towards the owner of that squeaky voice. It was only then did Takumi notice the baby carrier Toji wore and the little one being carried on his back. "... ya had a kid?"

Toji's attention turned from his son towards his childhood friend. "Yeah? The brat's called Megumi."

"S l e e p y." - Megumi

"Can't you see I'm fucking talkin' to someone, ya little imp?" - Toji

"S l e e p y."

Before Toji could reply, a hand slapped over his mouth, causing the single father to flinch. "Stop cursing in front of a yer fudgin' child, Toji!" He hissed while glaring at the other man.

The strongest jujutsu sorcerer has a very good temper. Although sometimes he might appear irritated, it was usually just a fleeting feeling. Give or take a few minutes and his ire would dissipate on its own. That was why instead of admitting defeat, Toji snorted at Takumi's words.