15.5: if takumi's family was close to the zenins in toji's time

Alt. Title: where toji is a matherfacking simp for takumi

"Toji nii-san, give it back!"

At the garden of the Zenin Household, the fifteen year old Toji snickered, lifting the dolphin stuffed toy up where twelve year old Takumi could never reach even if he jumped. "I'll give it back to you if you tell me why you'd throw away the stuffed toy I gave you."

"Why wouldn't I," Takumi puffed his cheeks. "It was fuckin' ugly!"

A cheeky grin formed on Toji's face. The brat had fallen for his little scheme. Takumi had always been a hothead and he often picked up curse words from his old hag and the other adults. And yet, said old hag would punish him for saying such a thing.

Toji watched as the door at the porch slid open, revealing a murderous old woman weilding an indoor slipper with her hand. "You little brat, didn't I tell you not to fucking curse?!"

A lone slipper cut through the air and slapped right at the center of Takumi's forehead. The loud slapping noise echoed in the garden as silence brewed right after that successful hit.

Sensing something wrong, Toji looked down and found Takumi trying to hold back his tears. However, this brat had no control over his tear ducts. Big, fat drop of tears rolled down his cheeks, causing Toji to stiffen.

"Wa—" Takumi's piercing cry frightened him. "WAAAAAA! IT'S OBVIOUSLY TOJI NII-SAN'S FAULT FER TAKIN' MAH DOLPHIN! WHY'D YA THROW IT AT ME 'ND NOT 'IM?!" The child stomped his foot on the ground, hitting Toji with his little fists.

"It's yer fault, Toji nii-san! It's yer fault why mama hit me!"

"W-Wait a sec, Takumi, stop crying—"

"I DON'T WANNA!"

"Here, here," Toji crouched and waved the dolphin in front of Takumi. "See, here, take it. Hurry, just stop crying."

Thus, Toji resolved the crime of making Takumi cry.

.

.

.

.

Twenty one year old Toji curled his lips into a mocking smile as he eyed eighteen year old Takumi lying on the hospital bed. "Who did ya fight with this time?"

"... that bastard from Kyoto who dropped by school. Who told 'im to have Negation as his cursed technique? I'll pummel his ass the next time I see him fer sure." It had been a while since Takumi tasted defeat so losing to that bastard from Kyoto aggravated his nerves.

At the side, Toji had to stop himself from snickering. Takumi disliked being laughed at the most, especially when it was him laughing. According to the teen, Toji's laughter always sounded condescending. "What was the bastard's name again?"

"It started with Shu-something. I dun really remember. I just call 'im bastard."

The next time they met, Shu-something avoided Takumi like the plague, muttering something under his breath about a green eyed demon.

.

.

.

.

Ever since Toji left and got married, Takumi had never seen him again. After leaving the Zenin Household, all traces of the Fushiguro Family disappeared without leaving behind a single clue. Takumi wanted to search for them but for them to disappear without a single word, perhaps they had their reasons.