14: The Hermit Scholar and the Seven Deadly Sins

Alt. Title: the first time Satoru felt desperation
Alt. Title: Lucifer makes a scene.

Satoru himself smiled in confusion, an irony taste filling his mouth. Ever since he was a child, he had never suffered such a wound before. Heck, he had never been stabbed by anyone at all. Confusion filled his eyes, the sensation of having something go through his body felt weird.

It didn't hurt.

But it didn't feel right either.

Damn, I was... supposed to see senpai right after this.

Behind him, Fushiguro Toji licked his lips as he pulled out his weapon out of Satoru's chest whose knees gave out under him. "That's one down."

Bewilderment flashed within Suguru's eyes. He somewhat recognized the person who took Satoru down. Doesn't he... look like that kid Megumi?

.

.

"Haa," Takumi scratched the back of his head as Beelzebub, in his tiny wolf form, sniffed the air. "Ya sure that bastard's in the same direction as Suguru and Satoru?"

"I'm sure," Beelzebub froze right after that confirmation, a hint of urgency lacing the words he said next. "There's a scent of blood!"

The laid-back Takumi stiffened. "Lead the way!"

.

.

When Takumi's innate cursed technique first manifested, it wasn't Beelzebub who made himself known first.

It was Lucifer — the Sin of Pride.

He who was the most arrogant pledged his allegiance to Takumi and knelt on his knee.

He who would never surrender.

He who would never bow his head to anyone else.

Lucifer threw away his pride, the very sin he embodied, and vowed to protect his master — his owner.

But this owner of his was stupid.

Fooled by that old hag who treated him like trash.

She who never once told Takumi her name.

She who abused their owner but loved him unconditionally.

She who incurred the hatred of the Seven Sins.

She who they wanted to burn in the lowest level of hell.

But she got away.

Unable to tell their owner the truth, they remained silence of that old hag's survival.

She who faked her death and hurt Takumi deeply.

They would never be able to forgive her after all the sufferings their precious owner had gone through.

They will never allow anyone else to hurt him.

.

.

A murderous intent so thick filled the air. It pressed against their chest, making breathing a chore. The sound of blade slicing through air rang against their ears.

"Fushiguro Toji!"

In an instant, a loud clang resounded in the area.

Suguru covered his ears and summoned his curses, ordering them to protect Amanai Riko and her friend. The sight of their beloved senpai appearing out of the blue bewildered him but his eyes flickered back to Satoru. Shit, how am I supposed to get that idiot?!