4

The band plays for another couple hours before leaving the stage. It's around 3:45 am, the bar is empty besides a couple liners finishing off their last drink.

Im wiping down the counter when i hear a chair scratch across the floor.
i pay no mind to it, its probably just someone leaving or using the bathroom.

The music is slow at the end of the night. It's all 50s and 60s slow grandpa music. Currently 'Don't know much about history' by Sam Cooke is playing slowly.
My grandfather would always sing this song for me when i was middle school. I was going through a hard time with my grades and my parents just didn't care. I'd go to my grandpas house after school and we'd sit by the beach as he sang and played his guitar.
I got the lyrics tattooed on my 18th birthday.
the words 'and i know that if you love me too what a wonderful world this would be' read on the ribs right under my left boob.

I think one of the reasons i didn't leave my parents earlier was because of my grandfather. It was all alone in his house after my grandmother died. I didn't want him to suffer alone. No one else in the family would visit him unless it was for a holiday. He was the only one who cared when i won a writing award or when i walked at graduation. My damn parents didn't even show up.

I start humming the song as i finish up my duties when i feel someone staring at me. Im turned towards the shelves of alcohol but the mirror behind the shelves reveals the person.

The lead singer meets my eyes in the mirror. His face is sharp, jaw is not fully clenched but not fully relaxed. His eyes bore into mine as if he's searching for something.
I place the bottle i was holding on the shelf and turn to face him.
"What can i get you?" i barely even whisper as if it was illegal to speak.
"What d'ya recommend?" I was correct about the English accent. He runs his pink painted fingers through his hair.
I follow the action, his hair is brown and curly as if he let his hair dry naturally.
There's a cross tattoo on his hand between his thumb and pointer finger. A red ruby rings and a gold HS plate his fingers.
I pull my gaze back to eyes to see him tracing my body as well.

His eyes follow my body as much as they can see. Going from my chest, my arms, my hands, my head, my eyes and finally landing on my lips. He moves his vision down to the tattoo that rests on the inside of my left wrist. An outline of a hammerhead shark on my four arm. He meets me eyes again.
I clear my throat to break the silent stare down and begin to recommend the drink.
"You seem like a scotch guy. I'll surprise ya?" he just nods with a closed lip smile.

I begin to start his drink in silence when he breaks it.

"What'd you think of the show?" He relaxes in his chair. I can tell by his body positioning he's man spreading right now.

"It was really good. Definitely not what i was expecting." i laugh a little to myself.
i'm being 100 and 10 percent honest. I was expecting more of a rock and roll sounding song from him. The way he was dress on dark jeans and a white t and converse gave off rock and roll teenager vibes.

"What were you expecting?" He pushes himself up from his slouched position to leans on the bar.
I slide him a napkin and his drink wiping my hands on the dish rag.
"Was expecting more rock from you. They way your all dark and mysterious up there waiting to start. Really loved it though." I say with a smile and he smiles over the rim of his glass.
His stare causes my face to heat and i just know i look like a tomato right now.
"You'll be here all week i heard?" He says, his adam's apple bopping.
"Yeah so i'll hear it all huh?" i'm shift my weight back and forth. His stare makes me nervous but in a good way.
He definitely knows how to woo a girl.
"Definitely, got some new ideas to get out so you'll be the first to hear them." He takes the last sip of his drink, i take the glass and quickly washing it.
"Lucky me." i say as i turn back and he just nods getting up without a word.
I don't think much of it, it's late and he's got a show tomorrow as well.
Before i begin to close up i see 50 bucks and a note.
"Sunburnt nose girl,
Text me
789-334-33
H xx"
This man said barely 100 words to me and wants me to text him and i already have a nickname.

I pocket the note and collect my tips from the night and close up.
I make my way out to the parking lot and drive my way back to my apartment complex.
As soon as i hit the pillow i'm taken over by sleep instantly.

Parker and Harry's first interaction! I suck at slow burns so this will not be a slow burn! Hope you can see where going here ;).

What do we think??
Love you all!!
Tpwk
k <3