● 0.4 :: Makeup ●

Dedicated to @sammiefayeo because she added this story to her reading list

[[You actually did this a while ago I'm sorry x.]]

[[Thank you though ♥♡♥ xx]]

*

I don't see Harry again at all that week, not even in passing.

Without even realizing it, my eyes constantly search looking for him every day as I walk to and from class, and whenever I go to the little shops and cafés and restaurants on campus with Frida. We've made it our goal to try every single one, so I should probably look for a job soon because if we eat out every night then the money my parents gave me for the first month of college is going to run out fast.

Although I haven't seen Harry and his unmistakable sunglasses, I have on the other hand seen Niall. He's in my History class, sitting in front of me with Liam. He also has a class opposite my Art, but I always forget what that one is. Speaking of Niall, he's also in two of Frida's classes: Criminal Justice and Law. Apparently he wants to either be a singer (so that class I can't remember is probably something music related or whatever), or a lawyer like Frida. It's a strange combination, but hey, that's Niall for you.

The same guy Fri has been gushing about all week.

It's strange to see her like this; I've never seen her gush over a boy before. She's had her fair share of crushes (who usually ended up being absolute àssholes), but I guess it's a pretty teenage-white-girl thing to do. Nevertheless, Frida has done nothing but talk about him and how cute he is and everything she knows about him so far.

Did you know Niall only sleeps with one sock on?

Me neither.

Oh, and that he's obsessed with Justin Bieber?

I know, gag.

If any other guy told her that, Frida would've kicked them into the middle of a busy motorway, never mind the kerb. But with Niall it's "different" and "kinda cute". She literally plans her outfit around him every day. It's ridiculous. Let's take last week as am example" Niall told her he isn't a big fan of purple and she threw away pretty much every purple belonging that didn't fit me. In the end I managed to salvage the two(!!!) bin bags and cart them to the nearest charity shop by bus.

Yes, I'll accept my citizenship award now.

So the weekend has come and gone and now it's Monday, and Frida is stressing about how she can incorporate yellow into tomorrow's outfit, because that's when she has Criminal Justice with Niall and - surprise, surprise - that's his favourite colour. I, on the other hand, am stressing about how I'm going to face the professor, all of my classmates, and most importantly Harry. Will Sykes embarrass us again? Will Harry be civil now that he's admitted that I'm 'fùckable'? Did that even mean anything to him? A small smile flits onto my face when I reminisce about how he'd been worried about me and destroyed his bedroom door, how he'd beat knocked two guys out for touching me, how he'd been so adamant about being the only one to call me Pumpkin, and then how he'd forced his top onto me so I wouldn't be cold.

Like a protective, possessive, concerned boyfriend.

Why is the idea so appealing?

I'm already more than aware that Harry isn't the sort of guy you want to get tangled up with. He's arrogant, rude, kind of violent and obviously has some kind of pent up hatred for the universe - not to mention the string of girls he apparently has. Louis and Liam's words, along with Niall's disbelief about me not having slept with Harry, have stuck with me - and with them an uncomfortable feeling in my chest I can't identify. Everything about Harry, from his sunglasses to his tense, angry walk, tells the surrounding public to stay away. It's like he has a flashing sign above his head that says 'DO NOT APPROACH ON PAIN OF DEATH' in horror movie lettering, and even so, I can't help but wonder if we're at least friends now.