Chapter 9

Chapter 9

 'Ma'am' I screamed. ' Ma'am we need to get you to hospital to make sure you deliver the baby safely.' I nodded. Josh and the woman paramedic helped me up. Sharp pains went through my stomach with every step I took. I yelped in pain. 'I can't move, please can we stop.' I cried. I stopped moving and lend against the couch. 'Ma'am we have to get you to hospital!' The paramedic said. I began to cry. 'I can't, I am so much pain please' I closed my eyes. Someone had picked me up, bridal style. I opened my eyes. It was Josh. 'Sir, you can't do that' the paramedic said. 'Well do you want to get her to the hospital or not?!' Josh said spitefully. 'She is in pain. I am not letting her be in anymore pain than she needs to be.' Josh said protectively. I feel so Safe when Josh gets protective. 'Fine but we have to hurry up. We don't know how dilated she is.' Josh carried me to the ambulance. Josh placed me on the bed. He climbed in next to me. The doors where about to shut when I heard shouting. 'Wait, wait!! Katie!' It was Jess. 'Let me in please, that's my best friend.' She pleaded. 'Im sorry Ma'am there's no room. Make your own way to the hospital.' A paramedic replied. 'NO I WILL NOT MAKE MY OWN WAY! MY BEST FRIEND HAS JUST GONE INTO LABOUR AND I HAVE JUST BEEN RAPPED. I AM NOT MAKING MY OWN WAY TO THE HOSPITAL DO YOU UNDERSTAND!' Jess yelled. 'Oh, oh okay then climb in' the paramedic stuttered. Jess laughed as she sat down next to Josh. The ambulance doors shut and the sirens turned on. We drove quickly to the hospital. A sharp pain went through me. I screamed. Josh grabbed my hand. 'Beautiful, breathe, come on babe, you can do this, you just need to breathe. Our babies will be here soon and you will be a mommy' I smiled at the thought of it. 'I don't want to be a mom Josh, I won't be a good mom Josh, I can't do it.' I said starting to panic. 'Gorgeous, you will be perfect. I promise.' The ambulance stopped, the doors swung open and I was rushed inside leaving Josh and Jess still in the ambulance. 'Stop' I cried. 'My husband! I need him' I screamed. 'Ma'am I am sorry we can't wait for your husband, we need to get these babies out or they will die.' I screamed. 'No! JOSH!' They stopped pushing me. I was outside a room. A doctor came next to me. 'Hello Ma'am, what's your name?' He asked me. 'Katie, Katie Hutcherson. Where's my husband?? JOSH!' I screamed. 'Now Katie, this may hurt a little' a sharp prick went into my arm. 'Count to ten for me please Katie.' I couldn't. 'Katie!!' Someone yelled. 'Katie!!' I looked up and saw Josh running to me. It all went black. 'Katie!'