Chapter 3

Zoey glared at his receding back, grudgingly admiring his tall frame.

Tony said to Zoey, "Zoey, come on, people are paying you to stop a wedding. Isn't that kind of your dream job?!"

"Denny, please, give me every detail. I don't think it's that simple." Zoey said, and crossed her arms across her chest and waited for Denny to speak.

Denny cleared his throat, and said, "Well, they're not in love. Not with each other, at least. They're marrying because their parents want them to get married. They're heirs to a lot of loaf, Zoey. So, if they marry, their united money could give bill gates a run for his money, literally. Now, they are scared of their parents' disapproval about them not wanting to get married. Frankly, they're also worried about getting cut off. I mean, it IS after a lot of money, their share. So, you got to go there, and do something. Only thing is, we can't have anyone there knowing about your involvement in the wedding. So you guys will be going undercover; you, Zoe, as the person who will be writing about their beautiful wedding blah blah, and Denver as the main photographer of the event. We can't risk the family knowing. The 'happy couple' is aware, of course. But that's it."

"Is this some kind of soap opera story?! What the hell!" Zoey exclaimed, and lifted her arms and limply dropped them back on the back of the chair on which Brad sat.

"I know. This was my exact reaction when they approached me and John about this. We thought, who better for this job than two people great at their jobs AND with the most cryptic opinions about marriage." Denny said, and winked at Zoey.

"Hey, do you seem to realize how screwed we'll be if they came to know? The parents?" Zoey said.

"As if you care." Denny and Tony said together.

"Hmm. True, I don't." Zoey said and smiled.

"Call that jerk and let's start strategizing." Zoey said and sat on a chair in front of Denny.

"Do I want to know what happened with Brad?" Denny asked Tony.

Tony shook his head.

"great." Denny said, and pressed a button on his table and said into the machine, "Lauren, could you please call Mr. Denver from the cafeteria?"

Brad came almost immediately.

"Is she done with the excessive drama?" Brad said as he stepped inside the cabin.

"Look, pea-brain, if we are going to do this, you better learn to keep your mouth shut, because I don't have the best tolerance for assholes. Got it?" Zoey said, standing up to him, and looking darkly into his eyes.

He just smiled sarcastically at Zoey and said, "me too."

Zoey snapped back, "and yet, you seem to live with yourself just fine."

Zoey sat back in the chair, while Brad leaned on the wall and waited for Denny to continue with the plan.

"okay. So, things are a bit complicated now. You see, I'll need some suggestions on what can be done to stop the wedding." Denny said and scratched his head.

"you don't know it already?' zoey said, glaring at denny,

"ofcourse I don't! do you think I sit and think about how to stop weddings? My god!" denny said with an incredulous look on his face.

"You know, we don't have to stop it." Zoey said, her eyes twinkling with the new idea she just had.

Brad looked at approvingly and said, "well done, snappy. That's a great idea."

Zoey, for once, ignored him and smiled at him.

"okay, really, we still haven't got it, you know." Tony said, and waved his hand towards him and denny.