005: on my way!

𝗧𝗘𝗘𝗡𝗔𝗚𝗘 𝗗𝗥𝗘𝗔𝗠
chapter five
━━━━༻❁༺━━━━

REAL LIFE

MERCY COULDN'T BELIEVE that she was sitting in her own trailer right now.

She had arrived in Salt Lake City that morning, nerves bubbling in her stomach and evidently tired from the early flight and the breakdown she had had the night prior. It was really hard saying goodbye to her parents and Ivy, and she damn near almost bursted into tears when her mom was hugging her and telling her how proud she was of Mercy.

However, with a promise that she would text them later, Mercy had departed from her parents and caught her flight. It wasn't the first time flying by herself, but she always felt just a little bit nervous traveling alone.

Everything turned out to be fine, though. Mercy had gotten her luggage fairly quickly — which was pretty rare for her — and gotten an Uber to the apartment complex all of them were staying at. She had picked up her keys and went to her apartment, only to see Scarlett there, very tired from the long drive she had made (Scarlett wanted to have her car with her so she could drive places, but Mercy couldn't drive yet.) they didn't have filming until about one that day, so the two of them took a nap on the two couches there little apartment had to offer, deciding that they would unpack everything later.

Finally, it was time for them to leave to go to set. They sadly didn't see any of the other cast members, but Mercy knew that she would definitely see them later. Scarlett drove them to set at the iconic East High School. Mercy had stood in front of the school in awe, taking it all in. She was actually here.

Makeup, hair, and wardrobe all flew by within the blink of an eye, and Mercy had found the trailer labeled Mercy Parker with the name Athena Blake under it.

Sitting in Athena's outfit — a baby pink crop top, dark washed ripped jeans, and white Converse with pink laces — Mercy read over her lines in her script, even though she practically knew them by heart. Today, they were filming the first day of school scene, which was the same scene Mercy had auditioned with.

Suddenly, a knock was heard from her trailer door. Mercy's eyebrows knit in thought as she looked up from her script.

"Come in," she called.

The door opened, and it revealed none other than Joshua Bassett. He smiled slightly at her, standing in the doorway, making the cold air enter her trailer. Mercy gave him a smile back. She had to be friendly, of course — Joshua was her love interest, after all. Besides, his texts had really helped her when she felt like she was nothing.

"Joshua," Mercy greeted, standing up and putting her script down on the table. "Hi."

"Hi, Mercy," Joshua replied. "Tim was just about to go get you, but I offered, so . . . uh, we're starting."

Mercy's eyes slightly widened. "We're starting?" She grabbed her jacket and pulled it on. "Oh God, we're starting."

"You seem stressed," Joshua commented as she zipped her jacket.

She let out a breathy laugh, the two of them leaving the trailer, Mercy slightly shivering. "Is it that obvious?"

"You're going to do great, Mercy. You're a great actress. I've seen it with my own eyes."