Chapter 1: How to Train Your Dragon

Zacznij od początku

Stoick grabs Hiccup by the collar of his shirt.

"Hiccup?" He shouts at the villagers around them. "What is he doing out again?" He turns to Hiccup. "What are you doing out? Get inside!"

"That's Stoick the Vast, Chief of the tribe," Hiccup's voice came again. "They say that when he was a baby, he popped a dragon's head clean off of its shoulders."

Stoick laughs. That rumour was still going around?

Stoick throws a wooden cart at a dragon, knocking it out mid-air.

"Do I believe it? Yes, I do."

"What have we got?" Stoick asks Starkard.

"Gronckles, Nadders, Zipplebacks. Oh, and Hoark saw a Monstrous Nightmare," Starkard reports.

"Any Night Furies?" Stoick asks.

"None so far," Starkard replies.

Burning embers land on Stoick's shoulder. He casually brushes it off.

"Good," Stoick says.

"Hoist the torches!" A Viking commands.

Two enormous torches are raised and lit. The dragons swarm around them. Hiccup runs into a blacksmith shop and puts on an apron.

"Ah! Nice of you to join the party!" Gobber says cheerfully. "I thought you'd been carried off!"

"What, who me?" Hiccup replies, cleaning off the messy table. "Nah, come on! I'm waaaay too muscular for their taste. They wouldn't know what to do with all..." he gestures to his skinny body "...this."

"Well, they need toothpicks, don't they?" Gobber replies.

"The meathead with attitude and interchangeable hands is Gobber," Hiccup's voice comes again. "I've been his apprentice ever since I was little. Well... littler."

"Meathead?" Gobber asks.

Hiccup smiles sheepishly in reply.

[Scene cuts to Stoick on the watch-tower.]

"We move to the lower defenses," Stoick orders "We'll counter-attack with the catapults."

A dragon swoops down and sets another house on fire.

"See? Old village, lots and lots of new houses." Hiccups voiceover comes again.

"FIRE!" A Viking shouts.

In response, the fire brigade, consisting of five teenagers, rush to put out the fire. Among them is a cute and energetic teenage girl.

"Alright, let's go!" The girl yells at the others.

The Viking teens are seen carrying buckets of water as Hiccup in the voiceover introduces them one by one.

"Oh, and that's Fishlegs, Snotlout, the Twins, Ruffnut and Tuffnut, and... (dreamily) Astrid."

There's an explosion behind her, framing her in a sexy ball of fire, as the teens join her.

Astrid turns to her boyfriend, an eyebrow raised. Hiccup's face turns into all shades of red known to man. Astrid smiles, resisting the urge to kiss him, since they're still keeping their relationship a secret.

"Oh, their job is so much cooler." Hiccup's voiceover says.

[Slow motion shot of the teens walking away from the explosion.]