Chapter 16: Catch-up

Wanda's POV:

"Yeah, hey Vision. What's up?", I asked the AI, hands in my pockets and a slightly more agitated tone than meant. I just felt angry at Romanoff for interrupting me and Y/N, even though I shouldn't be mad because who knows if anything would have happened between us or if it ever will. And I was mad at Vision for getting Romanoff to get me and get her to tell me that it was Tony that wanted to talk to me, even though I probably shouldn't be mad at him because I had been avoiding him for a while now and probably wouldn't have talked to him if I was asked to. I was just frustrated.

"I wanted to have a chat. A catch-up if you will?", Vision asked signalled for me to sit on the end of his bed. I never understood why he has a bed. Like he doesn't sleep, or do you just plug him into a wall to charge like an iPad or something? "You and Y/N seem to be getting close.", he continued. "Huh?", I asked. If I'm honest I was still thinking about how you'd charge him.

"We'll you seem to be spending more time with her and you are showing common symptoms for what you may call a crush, according to Wikipedia and other sources.", he said directly. "You really shouldn't get your information from Wikipedia, Vision! It's an unreliable source." There was a moment of silence. I assume his hard drive was malfunctioning or something. "Is that it, Vision?", I asked. I wanted to get back to Y/N.

"Do you love me?", he asked, holding my wrist. I stood up and shook his hand off of me. "I love you, Wanda. And even if you don't love me now, I will wait for you.", he said standing up and cupping my face. He's literally 2 years old. This has got to be illegal. "I think it's better if you don't, Vision. Please move on.", I said before walking out the door and hopefully back to where Y/N and I left off.

Y/N's POV:

After Natasha walked out of my room, I sat on my bed, staring at the wall, contemplating life for about half an hour. I don't know why I did this sometimes but it just helps me collect my thoughts.

I got changed into some gym clothes and walked out of the compound. I connected my AirPods to my phone and put on my playlist. I began running, thoughts running through my head. As my feet came in contact with the ground, the pounding could be felt in my head. The constant up and down of my feet created a constant thud, drilling into my skull, hurting every corner of my brain. Time vanished as the pounding in my head became more and more evident.

"Nice watch.", someone said cockily as I sprinted past them. They caught up after a few minutes and continued running beside me. "Up for a race?", they asked panting, already out of breath. "Sure...if you're ready to loose.", I answered after a pause.

There was a minute of silence before they said loudly; "Go!", and sprinted off. I maintained my constant speed and turned my music louder, drowning out any other noise. My brain didn't think and just let my feet move at their own free will.

After a while, I made it back to the compound and waited for a minute or two as they finally caught up to me panting and gasping for breath. "Was that a good enough run for you Romanoff?", I asked smirking as I held open the door for her. She pushed past me and grumbled tiredly; "Shut it Y/l/N."

I took the elevator back up to my room and turned the shower on. "Hey.", a small voice said behind me. I turned around and smiled. "Hey you.", I responded walking over to her, her emerald eyes shimmering in the light. "Want to take that shower now?", I asked as I took my socks off.

Wanda looked down at her feet. I carefully placed a strand of her hair behind her ear and hugged her.

Wanda's POV:

"Hey, what's wrong darling?", she asked sweetly, her arms still wrapped around me.

"I don't want to go too quickly.", I mumbled, embarrassed. Y/N looked me in my eyes and kissed my forehead. "We don't have to do anything that you are uncomfortable with. If you want to take it slow, I don't mind. I think that it's a good idea so we can get to know each other first. You never have to feel embarrassed or scared to tell me anything."

"Thank you. For making me feel safe and I feel as if I could tell you anything" There was a few moments where we just stayed hugging each other. "Ready for that shower?", I asked giving fucking me eyes.

Y/N looked at me smiling yet kinda shocked. "I thought you wanted to take it slow?", she asked holding my hand. I squeezed her hand 3 times. "It's a shower, not sex. Now come on!", I said smirking and leading her towards the shower.

(850 words)