I reach up and put my hand on hers where it rests on my shoulder. "You didn't fail me, mom. Yeah, we had our disagreement last year, but look where we are now!" I say, and we both laugh softly. "You were willing to try and understand my feelings, and I can't thank you enough for that. The love and support you've given me has been exactly what I needed. You're here, helping me get ready for my wedding to a  girl, and that means the world to me. I know it wasn't easy in the beginning, at all, when you found out that I liked girls..."

"I shouldn't have let that change anything, least of all my love for you. I am sorry, Aspen. But I'm so grateful for the second chance you gave me, because watching your love with Rylie grow has been simply amazing to witness. Even though I'm your mother and I'm supposed to teach you everything you need to know about life, you have taught me more than I could ever teach you."

"I love you, mom."

"I love you, too. Now, let's finish getting you ready so you can see that Rylie doesn't have cold feet! Plus, she looks stunning in her dress."

"You saw her in her dress?" I gasp. "Tell me why you went in there again?" I ask with a laugh.

"I had to grab more pins from Kristen, and they were finishing up on Rylie."

"What does her dress look like? Did she wear her hair down and with loose curls? I love when she does her hair like that."

"Aspen?"

"Yeah?"

"You will see soon enough. She looks lovely. Just like you will, once we finish up."

"You're right." I laugh nervously. "I'm sorry, I'm just a little bit anxious."

"It's okay. This is a big day for both of you, I would be worried if you weren't anxious." My mother smiles encouragingly before grabbing the curling iron for my loose strands of hair.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Stop fiddling with that. You'll break it at the rate you're going." Jeremy places a warm hand over mine as I tug at my bracelet. The bracelet Rylie had given me on the Ferris wheel before we were together. Jeremy hands me my bouquet of flowers and I take them gratefully, thankful for the distraction.

Jeremy and I were standing in a small area just outside of the room where the wedding would take place. Muffled chatter and quiet music flows softly into our room, and my stomach flutters with nervous butterflies.

I glance at my reflection once more in a nearby fancy mirror, fixing one of the stray curls. I run a hand down my waist, smoothing down the non-existent wrinkles. The dress is a clean white, and somehow looked better now than it did the last time I tried it on. Maybe because my hair and makeup were actually done this time.

I felt really beautiful, and couldn't wait for Rylie's reaction. But, I was more excited to see her.

"You're sure she's in there, right?" I ask Jeremy again. Looking as handsome as ever, he was dressed in a grey suit, with a white shirt below, and a matching grey tie tucked neatly beneath the suit coat. A white flower is pinned to the suit coat pocket, and I straighten it slightly before brushing imaginary dust from his arm.

"Yes, Aspen." He laughs. "She wouldn't miss this for the world."

"Okay." I blow out a breath and slip my arm through Jeremy's. "Thank you for being here, Jer."

"Well, you didn't really give me a choice." He teases, and I turn my head slightly to glare at him. "I'm kidding! You know that I wouldn't miss this for the world, either." I smile gratefully at him, and we suddenly hear the music change, signaling my turn to walk down the aisle.