Part 22

Winter's P.O.V

I woke up somewhere where everything around me is white. It is kinda blinding and weird. And the last thing I remember was the truck hitting every bit of my body as I took my time to write some letter for my parents and lost consciousness.

Karina...

I wonder if she's here where I was right now, until I thought that it must be impossible since she's gone and I'm just in a weird place.

I kept on walking until I saw a glimpse of a person wearing white. I ran to it and saw many people who wears white passes by.

"Winter..." A familiar voice that brought chills down to my spine. The voice I missed the most. I turned around to see the owner of it.

(Just imagine that the background was white and there's no mic

(Just imagine that the background was white and there's no mic.) 🫣

I watch her walk towards me with my eyes forming every drop of tears I've been wanting to let go. I missed her so much. And I couldn't help but to hug her tight when she reached my spot.

"I missed you too, my love." At last, I heard her voice again. That beautiful deep angelic voice.

"How? I? Why?" I, too, doesn't know what the hell am I talking about. It's been hard for me to find words ever since I saw her again.

"Take a breathe, Jagi. Come." She offered me her hand which I took and she take me somewhere with our hands are clinging into each other, tight.

"What is this place?" I asked her out of curiosity.

"Let's just say, it's the happiest place." That doesn't make sense but I don't wanna ask about it more so we sat down at the bench like we're at the park and the people here do seem like they're the happiest person in the world.

But why do I feel the opposite?

"How are you, Jagi?" I asked her, she smiled. Her smile, the most gorgeous smile I've ever seen.

"Never better." She plays with my hand, just like the old times.

"How about you?...." She doesn't seem to be done already by the tone of her voice.

"How are you coping up? Ever since I was.. gone." Everytime I hear that kind of words, my heart feels like exploding, remembering those heartbreaking scenes where she officially left us, it's haunting me.

"It's that bad?" The look on her face became blue after she asked that. And I feel guilty for ruining the mood. I know what this place is.

"Walk me around, show me where you go ever since you get here." We stood up and she really shows me around. It's heavenly here. The places and things here are much better than the earth.

"Here, I always go here to watch... to watch you." I sat onto a chair or something and saw a big screen like a TV where you can watch whoever you want. My body stiffened when I saw my parents crying their eyes out while hugging my dead body.

"I missed them." My tears once again fell down freely on its own. Karina hugged my body. Both of us watches them even if its heartbreaking. Until we saw Aunty Yul with Aunty Tiffany and Giselle.

"Looks like Giselle has her eyes on you huh?" Karina smiles like she knew about it, her eyes isn't even mad. We're now watching how Giselle is hugging me.

"She confessed to me that she likes you ever since. And I told her to watch over you, when I'm gone." So she really did know. Everything does makes sense now especially when Giselle always looks sad. I'm her bestfriend, she can't hide that to me.

Third Person's P.O.V

Karina and Winter is now heading towards a long stairs which you can't see what's above there waiting for you. Karina took a first step while Winter is still contemplating. This last part is the most difficult one to do.

"Minjeongie!" Winter can hear her parent's voice but she doesn't exactly know where, while Karina infront of her, offers her hand, making Winter so hard to choose in between the two.

"Jagi, come." Karina smiles. She knows that she'll accept what Winter's decision will be.

Winter is having a hard time, but eventually chose to accept Karina's hands and ran upstairs to see what awaits for them up there.

But before they could reach the end, everything went white like the lights blinded them fully.

"Jagi.." This time, it's Karina's voice in the real world was heard like how they heard Winter's parents. It makes Winter broke their hold hands to go back downstairs where she hears the real Karina on the real world.

Winter follows where the voice was playing, and isn't long enough before she got lost and lost the voice she's hearing when the Karina she met awhile ago came back and guide her to the right path.

"I see you've pass the test. You can go back alive if you want to. Just take that door." Karina points at the door in the middle of nowhere.

"Who a-are you?" Winter cries again. Her sensitive self is taking over her.

"I'm just an Illusion. I'm here to guide you where you belong."

Both of them bid their goodbyes to each other as Winter ran quickly to the door where the Illusion told her to enter.

——

"Jagi, please come back.." Karina is crying her eyes out when she saw the lifeless Winter lying in the hospital bed.

"Karina, please let go. We have to let go of her now. Even if it hurts so much." Jessica asked and hugged her trembling body.

"No..." Karina kissed the lifeless Winter. Not long enough before something beeps again. Making Winter's heart beat again as the Doctor ran quickly to Winter's body and do their thing.

All of them waits outside in shock because of what happened. They all look at Karina who made Winter's heart beat again.

Minutes went by as the Doctors went outside and was surrounded by all of them.

"She's awake now." The Doctor said making everyone cry and enter the room to see Winter, alive. Again.

—-

That's it for the extra chapter.

I will create a part 2 of this so stay tuned! Thank you for supporting Easy!