18

I look over at Daisuke as he holds onto my hand, leaning his forehead onto it. I sigh, wondering what was going through his head. "Daisuke?" I say, trying to get his attention. He looks up at me with a confused look.

"This wasn't supposed to happen.." He muttered. I raise an eyebrow, curious about what he meant. "No one knew this would happen. I knew my identity being blown would amount to something happening, but I didn't think it would be now."

Daisuke shook his head, looking up into my eyes. "This is my fault."

"How...how would it be your fault? You've been helping me with this mission and you helped me have the strength to be my true self." I said.

"I helped you by almost getting yourself killed." He said.

I frown, wondering why he was saying all of this. Did he not trust me to make my own decisions? Was he just scared that I almost died? Did he care for me?

Daisuke let go of my hand and walked over to the window of my room. He opened the blinds a little, letting the moonlight shine in. He bowed his head and crossed his arms. He seemed to be conflicted about something. I lean up in bed, ignoring the pain that shot through my arm.

"Daisuke...talk to me. Why are you blaming yourself for this..?" I asked.

"Do you remember that night when you went after Onisha on your own?" He asked.

"Yes?" I asked confused.

"The reason I had you play this couples charade with me wasn't to get you closer to him...it was for you to get close to me." He said.

I continue to stare in his direction, waiting for him to look back at me, but he continues.

"Onisha has information on my parents that has been impossible for me to find, even with HEUSC. He told me he was looking for a specific girl...so I decided to make a deal with him. I'd bring him the girl if he gave me the information I was seeking." He said.

I sat frozen by his words. I couldn't believe what I was hearing from him. "You....you used me?" I mumbled.

Daisuke turned around to stare back at me. I watch his face fall as he notices the tears pour from my eyes. I didn't even realize I was crying until he walked over towards me.

"It wasn't supposed to go this far. I didn't know he had a death sentence sent out on you!" He said.

I hold my hand out, not wanting him to come any closer to me. "You've used me from the very beginning...am I even here in Japan for a damn mission!?" I yell. I didn't care if anyone could hear me. I flinch and grab my shoulder.

"I thought things would've been simple, but it has gotten more and more complicated." He said, trying to inch closer to me.

"Do not step any closer to me or I will kill you." I spat. Daisuke's eyes grew wide, stopping dead in his tracks. I wiped my wet face with my hand and chuckled. "I can't believe I even trusted you...is Haru in on this too?"

"No one knows about any of this. The MPD actually believe there is a case, but that's just Onisha's men putting on an act. Everything was done to get you here. Onisha told me he has been looking for you for years due to you stealing something from him. I never imagined that he actually killed your parents or Luke. I'm so sorry (y/n)." He said.

"I. Trusted. You..! Do you understand how hard it was for me to work with someone after Luke? To actually care for someone like I did for him? Of course this was too good to be true..." I cried out. I wanted to just disappear from reality. I couldn't even look at his treacherous face anymore.

"I care for you (y/n)...more than I've ever had for anyone." He said as he sat on the edge of my bed. I cover my face with my hands and sob, ignoring him as he made his way closer and closer to me. He places his hands on my own, but I shove him away. He overpowers me and pins my arms to my sides, ignoring my wounds I had.

"Let me go..!" I yelled at him.

"You have to listen to me. I'm not the only one who has been lying to you. I know I've done all of this to you and I'm so sorry but I need you to trust me starting now. I will tell you everything I promise you." He said.

"Why the fuck should I?" I spat.

"Because I like you (y/n). Yes, I may have lied in the beginning, but as I've spent more time with you I've started to like you more and more. I won't let him hurt you anymore. If that means not getting the information on my parents deaths, then that's fine with me. What I want is you safe." He said.

I trembled with anger. How could I even try to believe this man that I thought was on my side? How foolish was I to have any sort of feelings for him.

"I need you to leave Daisuke." I said.

"Your parents are alive." He said.

I look down at my hands, shaking my head in disbelief.

"You're lying to me." I said.

"It was all lies to get you to have a motive towards Onisha. I have no idea what he wants with you but from what I'm witnessing, I'm believing it has something to do with your parents. Telling you all this now puts my life and everyone else I know at risk, you gotta believe me." He said

I turn onto my side and cover my face with the blanket. I was done talking to him. I hear the door to my room open and shut and peek out to see the room now empty. I sobbed more into the pillow, wondering why life was so cruel.