Chapter Eighteen: The Glue of The Group

Start from the beginning

Marinette was never going through that again. Not with her on watch.

It took a full hour of undisturbed meditation to fully take control of her emotions.

Polenn was nuzzled up on her neck the whole time.

"You know, Bees are normally the ones who struggle with emotions the most. Peacocks and Bees normally work very well together when both of their Miraculous holders are pure-hearted because of that. But my bees always end up letting their emotions drive them the most," She said in her small, sweet, honey-slow voice.

"Really? Why is that?" Chloe asked curiously, her eyes still closed.

"Their emotions are normally what make their attacks so brutal. My Miraculous is always in use, whether it being a temporary or permanent holder. Every group needs a glue to their circle," Polenn explained, her hands moving around.

Chloe was silent for a moment, processing the new information.

"Polenn, I'm scared for Marinette," Chloe blurted it out like it was some secret.

In reality, emotions were something that were hard for Chloe to talk about, but also hard to be open about.

"The side-effect of this Miraculous probably isn't helping either."

"What?" Chloe's eyes flew open at that statement.

"You didn't know?" Polenn giggled.

"Nope," Chloe answered quickly, expectantly waiting for an answer.

"A true Miraculous holder experiences side-effects from their Miraculous. You'll probably grow a small obsession with honey or flowers soon, as well," The bee-like kwami added more to herself then Chloe.

That was . . . Interesting to say the least.

"Tell me how you've been feeling about Adrien and Marinette lately, your small friend group?" Polenn asked.

Sometimes, Polenn was more like a therapist for Chloe. She had not only helped her through some times, but also changed her for the better.

"Honestly, I feel like they're family to me now. And after everything they've both been through, I'm always going to try my best to protect them," Chloe answered honestly.

"This is most definitely a side-effect. You've essentially created your own hive," Polenn smiled proudly. " That's a rare side-effect. Though, Marinette and Adrien most definitely helped it appear."

Chloe raised an eyebrow. That was actually really cool. She had already thought she had created her own little family, and that wasn't much different.

"Thank you for the information, Polenn," Chloe said kindly.

Polenn nodded and flew to her pillow on Chloe's bed.

{———}

MarinaraSauce:I have officially messed up.

Adrien aGRASSte: How?

{———}

  Chloe rolled her eyes at the two. She put her phone in her pocket and slipped out of her room.

She quickly slipped into her dance room.

She knew her parents weren't there.

Surprisingly, Chloe was actually a really good dancer. It was the only thing she had ever not bragged about. Dancing was her thing. She could easily forget what was happening around her and just lose herself to the intricate steps of each dance. Each beat of a dance failed to show how beautiful the song was. What showed a song's true beauty was the poetic lyrics and the underlying emotion that played through each song. She could understand a song better than people. And the good thing about songs, was that you could take it a different way then another person, sort-of like abstract art, and it wouldn't judge you for you for it.

It helped her deal with......Everything in her life, it was something that got rid of all stress for her.

After completing the dance—a rather short one— at least twenty times, Chloe turned off the music and took a quick shower.

And for the first time ever, Chloe was restless because she was worried about someone.

Chloe took out her phone, almost as soon as she did, the phone started ringing, Marinette's contact popping up.

Chloe answered instantly.

"Chloe, Jagged knows," Marinette's soft, musical voice said, edged in anxiety.

"Tell me how it happened," Chloe said in the kindest voice she could muster, she knew yelling at Marinette wasn't going to help her.

And so, Chloe listened. Not saying a word till she was done explaining. Even after she was done talking Chloe was silent.

Jagged had found out by accident, it wasn't like Marinette had told him. In the end, it was something she couldn't really control. Chloe couldn't help but feel like this was better for Marinette, as she knew she couldn't stand lying, even if it was for a good reason. If anything this would probably just help Marinette.

"Well, it isn't like there's anything you can do about it. Just talk to him about the rules, make sure your comfortable by the time you're done, because if you aren't then you need say something else," Chloe said carefully.

"Thanks for understanding, Chloe," Marinette said, relieved that she understood.

"Anytime, Maribug. Anytime . . . ," She softly, even though she knew Marinette had already hung up.

}———{