Familiar arms wrapped around her shaking glass body, holding her pieces together as she splintered and broke. He was something solid, something real she could cling to.

As her gasps for air melted into hot tears, she cried helplessly into his shirt, clinging to the soft fabric as heavy sobs wracked her chest. He laid them back down to the mattress.

"It was just a dream, love," he whispered into her hair, loving her into solidity. "It's okay, you're okay..."

"Please, please stay with me." Her trembling voice was muffled against his chest. "I can't go back there. I can't do that again. I can't lose you again. I can't—"

"Addie, Addie—it was only a dream," he said softly as her words became choked cries. He held her closer, tighter. "Take deep breaths, okay? You won't lose me. Breathe with me, love." His hand glided up and down her back soothingly, lips now brushing against her forehead.

She followed the slow rises and falls of his chest. In...hold...out. In...hold...and out. As her quivering breath began to steady, her sobs quietened to sniffles. She paid attention to the steady cadence of his heartbeat against her cheek. His familiar embrace holding her together. His soft breath fanning the top of her head as he kissed it.

"Close your eyes," he whispered once she grew quiet. "I'll be right here when you wake up."

"But—" Addie suddenly tensed as she spotted two beady eyes watching her over his shoulder. But, no, wait, it was just the reflected candlelight in Harry's glasses on the table.

Her body remained tense; she winced as her ribs throbbed from the pressure. But warmth quickly spread through her chest, the pressure relieving as he ran his hand through her hair. He gently brushed his fingers against her scalp, absently feeling the soft strands of her hair. She felt her eyelids grow heavy, soothed by his touch.

They shared his makeshift bed—one of the three that Hermione had brought with them. And although the beds were only the size of a single, neither Harry nor Addie minded the lack of space between them. They preferred it, really, and would have resorted to this even if there was an extra bed. Because after being so far apart for so long, the closer they were, the better.

"But..." she breathed quietly, fighting to keep her eyes open. "I don't want to sleep. I don't want another nightmare."

Even so, Addie couldn't find the strength to pull away from him. His t-shirt was so comfy against her cheek, after all. His chest was so warm.

"I'll keep them away from you," he whispered into her hair. And in those words alone, her anxiety began to melt into a newfound peace. Harry drew the thick blankets back over her from where they had slipped off, and it didn't take long for her to drift into the first proper sleep she had had in a long time.

><><

"You sure you're not too cold?" Hermione eyed Addie adjusting the thick scarf around her neck.

"Yeah, I'm sure," Addie said, grabbing another few large sticks. "But I wish he'd let me give his jacket back," she eyed Harry up ahead, wearing just a thin coat over his clothes after insisting she use his thicker one.

They were little ways out from the tent in the surrounding forest, gathering as much dry wood as they could before the rain that was predicted to last the rest of the week arrived. Ron and Harry were a little bit ahead of them collecting the heavier branches, just out of ear shot from the girls. The air was cool and crisp, flushing Addie's cheeks pink.