“Are you deaf mate? she said not interested, back off.” I growled getting between them. "Mind your business Black" he snarled at me. "This is my business and if you don't back off this will only end violently for you." I snarled back cracking my knuckles. I was truly serious about that threat. "Fuck off" , " your intimidating anyone here so sit small" I replied to his comment. " I'll have you sitting on your ass if you don't-" he started getting in my face, what a child. " Wow,wow,wow, sorry about my friend here. she's drunk you see." Autumn came in between us before something actually happened. "Really I'm the one that's drunk" I glared at her. "Come on Rav it's time to ditch this shit show" she tried to drag me out of there away from that asshole along with the transfer. I felt my wolf trying to communicate with me 'do you want to back down' Willow asked.

Willow is my wolf, they have no gender that I'm still curious of why not but only the Moon Goddess knows. Other than that their a big inspiration in my life, saving my ass from various suspensions in the past. In other words like another parental figure, 'there really isn't a point anyway' I answered. Heading outside to my car I confronted Autumn. " Really I'm the one that's drunk. I don't even drink hennessy" I whispered shouted because the poor girl was there. I can admit it was funny. "Hey cut me some credit there because your ass would have started a brawl in there" she argued making a point.

“Whatever, just get in the car" my attention turned to the transfer who just stood there quietly. I can sense her fear. I hope I didn't scare her. "Um, hey sorry about that mess in there." I approached her rubbing the back of my head. " Don't worry about it" she spoke finally her voice is so gentle for some reason. Okay Raven you've gained some courage to talk to her ...say something else." Um, so what's your name?" she finally looked up at me. Those eyes are more bright in the moonlight now that I'm up close. "It's Grace.." she responded shyly. I'm smiling at this. It's so cute. "Grace, what a pretty name." Her cheeks lit up a shade of red as she mumbled a thank you. We had some small talk until I had to go. " Do you need a ride home?" I offered and she shyly agreed. 

“I just have to drop this goof off first if you don't mind," I said, holding the door open for her. "Not at all.” After dropping Autumn home Grace stop was next, riding back her silence was quite curious. She was gazing out the window lost in thought. The reflection of beauty had me lost for a while. “ You know it's rude to stare," she said. " Oh,I'm so sorry," I replied, embarrassed of my actions. " Don't worry about it, it's my eyes, isn't it?” 

“ Well...they're very vibrant" I said sheepishly. She giggles to herself softly. So fucking cute, I the noticed a warm blush rise up her cheeks. " Thanks, it's kind of weird cause some others find it unnatural” she spoke again. “Well I can say they might be jealous of your special features." I said why would anyone think her eyes are not natural? "Features..?" she questioned. "Yeah your freckles...what? Has no one mentioned those before?" she looked stunned, her cheeks redden a bit more then before, she shyly muttered no and turned her head back. There was another wave of silence then we were there, her neighborhood seems to be lively.  "This is it," she said. "This is your residence" she nodded and thanked me. "Your street is only three blocks from mine. Here text me anytime you need a ride." I said handing her my phone. This is bold I know but I have to roll with it. A smile was creeping up her lips as she took my phone.

When I arrived home I felt myself tense up once I got to the front door. It's not that I don't like being home, it's just that I felt a small bit of tension in the air. I didn't do anything wrong right....right, with a deep breath I opened the door to be greeted by father. His alpha aura is strong. He's probably pissed that I stayed out so late..of course that's what I forgot. I had fucking curfew and missed by getting distracted. " Where were you?" he asked sternly, his voice cold and edgy. " I-I was at the party I told you and mom about." The pressure was tense enough as it is, and the way he's laying it out on me makes it hard not to buckle. "And what did I tell you before you left for that party?" he continued with the same tone. " Be back before....midnight." I muttered out but still held eye contact. “Ryder” the voice of my mother echoed from behind him. “What happened, is something wrong?" she asked. "Someone decided to disobey orders." He responded to my mothers question without taking his eyes off me. 

I didn't say anything. I wanted to explain myself but it's not like he'll let me right now. "Well," he growled using his authoritative voice. "There was an incident at the party while we were leaving so I volunteered to take them home" I whimpered, breaking eye contact bowing my head. “You smell of alcohol Raven, why is that?” he questioned further. “I didn't drink I swear” I yelped. "Ryder, that's enough.” My mother got between us. “Raven, go to your room, I'm going to talk with your father." She ordered glaring at him. I nodded and went upstairs to my room. As I went up I heard her ripping him a new one, a bit of time went by. I was still awake laying in bed even if it was after one at this point. I couldn't sleep. I was still shaken up, a knock on my door got me out of my day dream. It was mom I could tell from her scent and told her to come in. I don't feel like moving right now. 

She came over and sat next to me and started rubbing my shoulder. “Are you alright honey?” She asked which I just nodded. I didn't want to speak. “I'm sorry about your fathers behavior. He's had a rough day.” She said, “Mom, do not apologize for him, he has teeth, a tongue and a voice box he can do himself” I hissed. She sighed and pulled me into her arms comforting me. “It'll be okay munchkin” she said while scratching my head, then she began to sing my favorite lullaby calming me down more until I dozed off. It's the morning after, a sweet aroma that woke me, the scent of my favorite meal, she must have made it before she left for work. I smiled from ear to ear "best mother ever". After I ate that masterpiece I looked around in my closet for an outfit to get dressed. 

Grace texted me after asking for a ride and I'm happy to oblige. Just need to find my keys which I fished out from behind my dresser. When I got to her house she was standing in front of the door. She had on ripped jeans blue matching with her cute little crop top her hair was in a messy bun guess she was rushing this morning. "Looks like someone was rushing." She rolled her eyes at my comment responding meekly " I slept through my alarm". "I've been there, do you have everything?" I asked. "Yep got everything." She replied and we headed off for school. When we got there we went our different ways. I got the books I needed for my first period, when I turned away from my locker I felt a hard force connect with my face.

***
first book that is been rewritten.