Emerald Eye's

It's a new semester, a new year, new grade and also my last. As every other term there is a flock of transfers that roamed the halls. It was normal to see but this time, one caught my attention. As she walked by I couldn’t help but study her. She was gorgeous, a cute smile that reminded me of a warm sunset and a very humbled presence. Her cool pale skin, silky long hair that resembled snow and a cute little button nose with the most adoring freckles. However one of her finest features stood out those emerald eyes , so intoxicating.

Now I'm a girl who mostly stays to herself but I take part in physical activities. A stereotypical sporty person but on the other hand I can be a bit subtle. Captain of the volleyball club has its perks and no I'm not like the jocks in our football team kind of way. I'm different like I said a half-breed, I mostly stay to myself, but I do have my amazing but also annoying best friend Autumn. We are thick as thieves and or you can say to each other ride or die.

More insight on me later, I had my mind on that transfer for most of the day. Until last period P.E. Our classes were different, the gymnasium was large enough to hold two classes at once. We were having practice and I couldn't help the feeling of someone staring at me, I turned unknowingly locking eyes with her. A smirk crept up and I winked, why not shoot my shot. I can mess around until I find my mate, well without my father's knowledge of course. Her reaction was cute, a sheepish smile she returned, her face tinted a little shade of red then she turned back around.

"What was that Raven?" Autumn questioned curiously. "What was what?" I replied, playing coy, passing the ball back to her. She caught it then tilted her head. " Don't play dumb with me Black, you were flirting with the transfer" a grin spread across her face. "I was not "flirting". I simply just smiled...then winked. I don't say that's flirting" I explained. She bit her inner cheek closing her eyes, she always does that when she wants to say a few words to point out how dumb I sound at times. She took a deep breath and passed the ball back. " I need new friends" I heard her mutter which made me smile. " I love you too".

Three Weeks Later

Autumn somehow persuaded me to accompany her to this Halloween party an acquaintance of hers was having. The party was okay but I wasn't feeling it all. We've been here for a while and I was getting bored of the noise and the..well yeah the noise I didn't drink cause I'm driving I'm not getting into an accident . "Who wants to play spin the bottle? " a random girl shouted. " mmm..wanna play?" Autumn asked me, I shrugged and joined her in the game. To my surprise she was here, she didn't seem to be the type to go to parties. We locked eyes again and exchanged smiles. Luckily no one noticed they were too drunk for their own good.

After a few rounds someone spins the bottle again and it lands on her... I could sense the discomfort radiating off her as all eyes landed on her. "Alright transfer truth or dare" the boy who spun the bottle asked. She answered back with dare, they dared her to down three shots in one go. I don't know why I got pissed suddenly maybe because it's easy for them to take advantage of her. Yeah that's it but I won't assume, she did her dare and the game continued on. The party was amping up by now and Autumn along with me broke away from the group to dance among the others. My mind still was on her, she disappeared from the game before us and I haven't caught her scent in the crowd cause it's overwhelming with alcohol.

"Hey Autumn, have you seen the transfer anywhere" I asked loud enough for her to hear me. "Why? finally wanna talk to her" she says back with a playful tone. " Have you seen her or not?" I said with a steady glare. "Sorry, sorry..yeah she's over there. Go shoot your shot bestie" she winks pointing in her direction. 'Goddess you're drunk aren't you' I thought to myself. As I made my way towards her a random guy approached her and started to flirt. How cute but judging from the look on her face she's not into you buddy. A little further into the crowd I glanced back in her direction to see the guy getting a bit handsy. “oh hell no” a low growl escaping my throat pushing through the now disbursing crowd. " I said no," she hissed, pushing him off. "Don't act like your not interested baby" he moved closer.