Chapter Six

(A/N: I changed a teeny tiny thing in the Inheritance Test chapter, might want to check it out)

Third POV

Alice had come back to check on Regulus again. Sirius had been staying in the room again, James let him stay, knowing what he was doing that day would stress him out more. "Sorry, Prongslette, wolf or rat?" he asked, looking down at his toddler.

"Wolf!" she said.

"Oh?"

"Worst for last, Wormy pee pants seeing Moony too," Morgana says.

James shakes his head, "You are soooo my child," he says. She just beams up at him in response. "Death!" he calls. "Yes?" he hears.

"Can you please go fetch the wolf and take him to Gringotts and then here?" he asked. Death disappears into the shadow with a nod. Death liked the Potters, he didn't mind taking orders from his Mistress' father, she was still too young in the first place.

Remus Lupin had been sitting at home, wondering why Sirius and James weren't contacting him. Apparently Lily had gone almost insane not wanting to accept her child. He was very confused, the child was Dark, something told him it was wrong, but some small part of him is telling himself that he is Dark too, he's a Dark creature. Then it goes back to arguing he needs to listen to Dumbledore, to take his potions, it makes him controllable. Then he thinks a wolf is a wild animal, they don't want to be controlled.

These thoughts kept going through his head, he didn't notice the new person in the room, "Wow, your senses are shit," a new voice said making him jump up, startled. He found a tall dark haired man, with dark eyes and pointed skin. He could give Snape a run for his money on the intimidation factor with having similar looks. The main difference was this man's hair wasn't greasy, almost like it naturally was slicked back, he also wore a black suit and not robes.

"Your presence is being requested, we have to stop somewhere first," he said, giving the werewolf no room for argument as he grabbed his wrist and the two disappeared, reappearing back at Gringotts. The man pulled Remus in, walking up to the teller, "Hello, the Potter manager is expecting us," he said, Remus' eyes widening. The teller's eyes widened, realizing who was in front of him and let him go, knowing he knew the way. A few minutes later, Remus was watching an inheritance test form in front of him. He was looking surprised at the soulmate spot, then looked in anger at the potions. He had compulsions to believe he was a monster, he think negatively of himself, to follow Dumbledore's orders, and the worst of all, the soulmate block. He could hear his wolf growl angrily at the mention of the block, but he couldn't find himself to be disgusted hearing the growl.

The man guided him out of Hogwarts after being freed from his potions, "What's the other place?" he asked. The man didn't answer, just grabbed his wrist and then he was in front of James Potter and his baby. "Sit," he said pointing to the chair in front of his desk.

"What is this place?" Remus asked.

"My Ancestral Home, you've never seen it, we were always at a different house when you came over," James said, motioning the man to do something. Next thing Remus knows, a big stack of parchment is sitting in front of them. "I swear on my magic that the documents in front of you are true and not altered in any way other than copying," James says, his wand lighting up afterwards. Remus looked through the documents, they were all from his father, he had been experimenting on wolves. Then he sees it, Dumbledore funded the whole thing.

Remus startled feeling a sting, "Sorry," James apologized, "You were growling and my daughter's in the room," he adds.

"How did you get this?" he asked.

"I have connections," James said, "I also gave a copy of all of it to Greyback so his pack members could have some closure. He told me he targeted you out of revenge, he was angry. He does not target children as a past time, it was purely out of anger. It was either you or your mother, he was afraid your father would have killed your mother as a response if she had been the one bitten," James explained. Remus looked at him in shock, "The bastard of a goat," he snarled.

"Dumbledore?" James questioned.

"Yes! He blocked my soulmate bond! And had me taking potions that would kill my wolf! And me!" Remus vented, but stopped when he heard crying. James took Morgana back form Death, knowing she still didn't like shouting, it reminded her of the whale of a muggle she had to live with before.

"I know you're sorry," James said, cutting Remus' apology off, "He blocked my mate bond too, doing some kind of love potion that's not a love potion on me. Lily was only interest in money, power, and status. Pretty sure I was drunk when Morgana was created," he said. He heard a disgusted sound from his daughter, "But I don't regret you," he adds, looking down at his daughter again, kissing her on the forehead.

"So, I'm giving you an opportunity, the Dark Lord is not in his right mind, and actually had good intentions for this world, but Dumbledore got in his way, forced him under his control, to go insane. Are you willing to join us? You wouldn't be a Death Eater," James offered, the pure disgust in the name Death Eater, along with the other man's disgust caught his attention but he agreed. When he agreed he felt a pain in his hip and jumped, yelping in slight pain. Hearing a slight giggle from Morgana, James sighed with a slight smile, "Morgana's a Dark Lady and already marking people, not even two months old," he said, a slightly joking tone present.

"Death," James says, the other man humming in response. Remus' jaw dropped, THAT WAS DEATH?! "Go get the rat," James orders. The man disappears, "Yes, that was the actual Death, Sirius is here, we retrieved Regulus from where he would've died," James said, going to a bit more detail, specifically how Morgana could change her age within a few years of her actual age, and that Tom Riddle, who was the more reasonable Voldemort, the human version of him, the sane version, was her soulmate.

Remus sat to the side of the desk, now holding Morgana who looked up happily at him. Peter was dropped into the seat Remus had been in. "Talk," James orders, after looking at the Inheritance Test. "I got tired of being in your shadow, but I now know that was actually Dumbledore's fault. I am so, so, so, so, so sorry. I did join the Death Eaters," Peter admits, also being curious by the looks of disgust at the mention of the name, but James motioned for him to continue, "I'm actually a Light wizard, but I support balance. I found older things about the Dark Lord wanting to bring balance back, and I supported that. I didn't know he had gone insane, please trust me!" he begged desperately.

"Peter, if you weren't telling the truth either this man," James pointed to the man behind him, "Or my Manor would've kicked you out, I just wanted to hear your point of view. Now, if you had an opportunity to help Tom Riddle come back, to join another group, help the balance come back, would you take it?"

Peter looked up with wide eyes, before nodding his head rapidly, the idea of the balance coming back seemed like a dream to him, he hoped to achieve it with his best friends by his side. He yelped feeling a pain, and hearing a giggle, "You really like doing that when they don't suspect it, do you Prongslette?" James asked, the giggling increasing.

Sirius ran in, hugging the two men in excitement, Remus a tad bit longer before announcing, "Reggie's awake," and running back out.