The Cat and The Bat

Zacznij od początku

"Cute toy Bat-bow," she said as she struck the batarang with her whip and it fell to the ground. "But corner a cat, get scratched." 

She ran forward and tried to strike me with her whip, but I jumped out of the way. In an instant, she shoved me off of the building and I slammed into metal, my head going fuzzy.

"Another cat fact, we always land on our feet," I heard Catwoman say. "Hmm, I think I'll take something to remember you by..." 

With that, I passed out for a moment. When I came to she was gone, and when I reached down, so was my utility belt.

"No. Way," I muttered. 

I sighed, climbing my way back to the batmobile and heading to the cave. This night just kept getting more and more frustrating.

Ella's P.O.V.

Bruce pulled up into the cave and I walked up to him as he jumped out of the batmobile. I went to ask a question but paused. Something was off... wait...

"Where's your belt?" I asked, Bruce sighing in frustration.

"Catwoman," he spat before turning towards the elevator. 

My eyes widened. "What? How?" I asked as I followed, but he didn't answer.

"She wasn't supposed to be able to do that," Bruce muttered. "The belt's lock mechanism must've been damaged in the fall."

"This feline fatal is certainly proving to be a sly one," Alfred commented.

"I need to track that cat before she puts my utility belt to no good use."

A loud crash came from behind, all of us turning to see the giant bat bot jumping up to the main level. It started to run at us, Bruce jumping in front of Alfred and me, but it stopped and started swinging randomly. It jumped up and crashed into the roof, Bruce running forward and jumping after it. Alfred and I watched the roof and listened for crashing until the bat bot punched a hole through the roof.

"Alfred!" Bruce cried as he appeared through the hole. "Shut down the axillary batwave transmitter!"

"I believe this was the axillary transmitter, Bruce," I said as I picked up the broken piece.

Bruce sighed before disappearing again. There was another crash and the bat bot was falling down the large gap in the cave, Bruce on top of it. The bat bot fell with a crash, breaking the ground beneath it, and sending Bruce flying off of it.

"Bruce!" I cried, the bat bot getting up and starting to hit the ground around Bruce.

I ran down to the bottom level they were on, only to see Bruce trying to hold back the bat bots hand. Before I could do anything, it mysteriously shut down. Alfred and I pushed the bat bot off of Bruce and we all rushed to the elevator.

"Quick, disconnect the batwave receivers from all the gear before she-" Bruce went to say, just as we heard the screeching of tires. We turned to see the batmobile speeding out of the cave, Bruce sighing as he put up his mask. "I don't believe this." He muttered before running down to the batcycle, giving chase after the batmobile. 

I turned to Alfred. "Let's get all of the receivers out of the equipment before Catwoman manages to activate them too," I said, Alfred nodded and we rushed to get to work.

I glanced to the monitor that connected to Bruce's mask every once in a while to see how he was doing, only to see the batmobile wreaking havoc over Gotham.

"This'll improve his relations with the police," I mumbled sarcastically. 

Alfred and I had just taken out the last receiver when the batmobile and cycle both pulled up.