Earning Their Trust (Chapter Five)

You sat up and rubbed your eyes. You yawned and stretched. You looked around the room and was surprised when you saw Funtime Freddy and Bon-Bon staring at you.

"Jesus. You scared me." You held a hand on your chest.

"Good morning, sl-sleepy head!" Freddy laughed.

You smiled, stood up, and grabbed your bag. You shushed your stomach as it growled. Stepping out of the Breaker Room, you glanced at the time on your phone: 12:32 AM.

"How was your slumber?" Ballora asked as she passed you.

"It was fine. Thank you," you said.

Freddy walked behind you in the doorway. You rubbed your tummy as it growled again.

"Um, so I was wondering when I could go get some things," you said, rubbing your arm.

"Whenever you would like. I'd need to reactivate the elevator and turn off the cameras," Baby said.

"Wait a minute, why are we okay with this? I like him and all, but how are we supposed to know whether or not he'll come back. He could tell someone about us," Foxy pointed out.

"He is going to help us. The least we could do is trust him," Baby said.

"He hasn't yet! He could easily change his mind."

"I suppose we will have to take his word for it," Ballora said as she came to a stop next to you.

"I trust him!" Freddy said.

"You'd trust a fish if it told you it could walk," Foxy sneered.

"What's that su-supposed to mean?" Freddy snapped.

"A talking fish? Shit, I'd trust it too," you pointed out, and Foxy glared at you.

"Freddy can go with him!" Bon-Bon blurted.

"How is he supposed to go with me?" you asked.

"Through his card," Baby told you.

"A card? Where is it?" you wondered.

"I'll show you, but you will have to listen carefully to my instructions."

"Okay, I will."

"There is a button under Freddy's cheek. Find it and push it."

You turned to Freddy. He took a step back against the door, his ears and face plates twitching. Once you spotted the button, you pressed it, and a keypad popped out from the side of his head.

"What now?"

"You must enter a passcode that I will say aloud."

You stood on your tiptoes and put your hand on Freddy's chest for balance. You pressed the numbers as she told you. Freddy's eyes glowed pink, and you squinted a bit at the bright light. Bon-Bon's ears shook as he laughed.

"Bon-Bon, I can't concentrate," you whispered to him.

"I'm sorry. It's just that, Freddy thinks you're awfully close to him." He giggled.

"Oh, I'm not invading your personal space, am I? Would you like me to back up some?" you asked Freddy.

"No! I m-mean, you're fi-fine," Freddy stuttered.

"You sure are!" Bon-Bon laughed.

"Bon-Bon, (Y/N) needs to focus," Ballora said.

"Yeah, Bo-Bon-Bon," Freddy grumbled, shushing him as he giggled.