Chapter 6: A Night For Us

Start from the beginning

I put on the jacket Audrey suggested before walking toward the desk to close the laptop. Then, I left my room and reached the apartment's entrance. And eventually, I opened the door.

-Hyunjin?! – I looked at him in shock. He's dressed nicely: a black t-shirt, a leather jacket of the same color, with light blue jeans. And to complete the look, he has black, medium-sized boots. Hyunjin's blonde hair got styled to the sides. His bangs fall naturally like curtains, framing his face perfectly.

Hyunjin dressed great for a casual hangout with friends. But I can't complain since I liked how he prepared himself for our night.

-I'm sorry I didn't call; I didn't have your number. – Hyunjin said while showing off his phone.

-Oh! Sure. – I said before moving my head slightly, then returning to reality. Shortly, I took Hyunjin's phone and added my number. -You didn't have my phone number, but you knew where I live. – I mentioned before returning the phone to Hyunjin.

-I asked Minho-hyung for your address. I know it wasn't what we agreed on, but there were some complications at home. – Hyunjin revealed, making me look at him, concerned.

-Is there anything you want to share? – I worriedly asked. Hyunjin smiled after hearing my words, but he shook his head and sighed.

-Perhaps we can talk about it later. But for now, I want to get to know you. – Hyunjin said, to which I nodded in response.

-Alright, as you wish! Let me get my keys and phone. – I told Hyunjin before leaving him at the entrance. Then, I went to my bedroom and grabbed what I needed before returning with Hyunjin.

-Ready! – I said while smiling at Hyunjin.

-Cool! Let's get going then. – Hyunjin said before I got out of my apartment and then walked through the hallway with him.

-Where are we going? – I asked while glancing at Hyunjin.

-I want a peaceful place to talk and hang out. So, I'll take you to a place I enjoy visiting. – Hyunjin told me, which I nodded in response.

-Alright. I'll trust you. – I said, causing Hyunjin to look at me, somewhat surprised. But then, he subtly smiled as we continued to walk towards the elevator.

Hours later. – At Naksan Park.

Hyunjin took me to his ideal place for tonight's hang out. Somehow, this moment translated into a date inside my head, just like Audrey said earlier. However, I didn't mention anything to Hyunjin since I understood he only wanted a peaceful place to have a stroll and talk.

Currently, Hyunjin and I are walking next to each other while looking at the lighted place before us. The park radiates a romantic atmosphere with the beautiful illuminated scenery, but it's hard to notice these details while talking with Hyunjin. So far, we haven't stopped goofing around and having a pleasant time together.

-I didn't expect you to take me here. – I mentioned happily.

-Do you like it? – Hyunjin curiously asked.

I nodded and hummed. -It is beautiful. – I smiled at Hyunjin, fortunately gaining another joyful grin on his part.

-I'm glad you are enjoying yourself. – Hyunjin said before placing his hands on the jean's pockets and then staring at the path ahead. -I brought you here to spend time with you. But also because I wanted to speak about today. – Hyunjin revealed, making me look at him once more.

-Today? – I questioned. Then, Hyunjin nodded in response.

-When we were in the art room, you mentioned my poker face and faked life. But I didn't give any explanations, so I wanted to speak about it with you. – Hyunjin explained before taking a deep breath. -I know I can trust you because I sense your honesty and genuine intentions to help me, but this situation is more complicated than you believe it is. – Hyunjin disclosed, making me frown slightly.