Dragon Queen

☽ ⭂—⭈ ✯

"You're about to meet your mama Zym!" Ez said to the little dragon once we arrived at the base of the mountain.

We had already been walking up the stairs for at least an hour or two. It was exhausting and a bit chilly.

"So, Y/n, Rayla. You guys going to tell the Dragon Queen you're, y'know, a thing?" He asked, walking behind us.

"In what kind of conversation is that going to happen in?" I asked. He shrugged.

"Agreeing with Y/n. Also, how'd you know we were a thing?" She asked, suspiciously.

"Uh, uhm me and Ez saw you two... Talkin.." He answered, hoping to not get yelled at.

Rayla scoffed. "Whatever. Just don't be telling everyone you meet about a relationship you're not part of!"

I snorted at Rayla's remark.

"Is it like a forbidden kind of romance? Oh the Dragon Queen must not know!" He continued his comment.

"Oh Y/n, we must hide our love for each other, the world isn't ready for us!" She said all dramatically, shaking my shoulders and doing all kinds of exaggerated expressions.

"Whatever dork." I said, punching her lightly in the shoulder.

"Hey!"

Ez and his mount stopped at some archway with writing in it. Rayla said it was written in elven and Callum asked what it said.

"Prepare to draw your last breath." She read the markings.

"Aw hell no, maybe we should find another way up here. I've been close to death already.." I said, backing away. Callum looked at me as if he wasn't also close to death when I tried killing him. I sighed.

"Fine i'm going.."

————-

"How tall is this thing.." Callum panted, Zym hopped onto his shoulder.

"Maybe we should rest... For a sec.." Rayla said

We took a breather but Ez said we had to keep going and it felt like i was going to pass out.

After more stairs, we all seemed to collectively fall to the ground, the air being too thin for us but Zym kept happily going.

Ez shook Callum's shoulder, urging for us to wake up.  "I know how we're getting up there. To make it to the top, you have to draw your last breath."

He drew in Callum's notebook, showing him a rune. "The trigger words are Ventura Spiralis." He told his brother.

He took the book and drew the rune while chanting the words. We all were given better air to breathe and we continued our journey to the top.

————

"We're here! I can't believe we made it." Callum said, standing in front of a bridge.

An elf stood across the bridge out from the giant spiral. Rayla introduced their entrance, showing Zym.

The elf said that they were happy that Zym lives but said we were too late.