The entire area seemed to be devoid of any life or objects.

Suddenly, Grey turned back to look at me. "This is the place." He spoke with his usual tone. "Ion, wants us to take him back inside. But..." he paused as his eyes landed on the child, his facial expression seemed like he was holding a mental conversation with the child. So I waited for him to continue. "He says that there's a beast, taken over that place which was supposed to be his home."

My eyes opened wide at this information while a lot more questions formed inside my mind. But I kept my silence for now, as we will have to fight whatever that beast is, if we ever want to go inside.

It won't be a problem with both of us here, I thought, before looking back at Grey. "What are we waiting for then? Let's go."

He nodded back in response as we started walking towards the cave formation, while Regis and Ion followed closer behind.

The structure was huge, both in its height and its width. A large entrance greeted us as we stepped inside its shell structure, which, seemingly had no support pillars to keep the roof stable. Or maybe it could've been a natural formation, I didn't know.

My eyes studied the rocky interiors, shining in deep purple as they pulsed and swirled around its insides, as if they were alive.

The entire cave seemed to glow in a deep amethyst colour...reminding me of Grey's power.

It didn't take me long to figure out that the rocky composition of this cave-like structure must be made up of aether.

Just as we walked past the entrance, Grey stopped on his tracks. I quickly mirrored his action, as my crimson blade appeared in my hand with haste.

Looking around I tried to sense any potential danger. But there wasn't any that my Vritra-senses could catch. And I was about to ask Grey for confirmation...when a—deep rumbling noise—struck the cave we were in. It boomed throughout the rocky interiors, as the ground trembled in response.

My body vibrated in consequence, when a light  started to shimmer from the corner of my eyes.

I saw Grey reactivating his blood armour, its obsidian scales and the golden trims glimmering against the amethyst light surrounding the interiors, giving off a mystique presence. A bright—purple sword, made of aether—came into existence in his hands.

Suddenly, Grey vanished from the sight.

My eyebrows shot up as I snapped my head around to spot him. But my confusion didn't last for long as I heard a sharp *clang* in front of me, a few meters away.

That's when I saw the beast.

I felt my breathing stop, in response, and my scarlet eyes tremble in a sense of pure panic and terror at the sight before me.

More than 5 meters in height, the beast stood on its four legs. Each legs were armed with sharp dark claws that must have been as large as a grown man's torso. It's body shimmered in a midnight black, seemingly absorbing away all the visible light around its colossal body. Only light visible from it were from the hollow cavities where its eyes should've been, as they burned in purple fire.

The beast was nothing like those black creatures we had fought a few hours ago. No. This monstrosity could very well have crushed them with just its pressure and the intimidating aura radiating from those burning eyes.

It made the other creatures look like simple, cannon fodders.

My eyes peeled away from the scary beast, to where they were set on.

It was Grey. He had started his first attack, and now standing right below the mammoth beast, looking up at its burning eyes.

Battle of stares raged and intensified between the two, before the beast made its move.