End.

The wind rushes through their hair, skimming their skin like icy water, they peer out across the landscape a shimmer in the sky, glass. “It’s not real.” She whimpers, not believing her own voice. “It’s not real.” Billie reassures. They step closer to the edge of the flat roof, peering down at the ground. A steep drop. Lori slides her pumps off and watches them fall to the ground, only to hear a minute later the final bang as they hit the tarmac. She turns to Billie. “Is this it?”

“Yes.” Their chests are tight. “We should end it. Just end it.” He continues, his eyes blurring from the tears. “Yes.” She agrees, wiping the tear from his cheek. “I’m glad I met you Billie Joe.” Her words choking up in her throat. “I’m glad I met you Gloria.” He meekly smiles, “I love you.” It left his lips so easily; it came certainly, emotion dripping on every letter. Her eyes widen, she holds his face and carefully places a kiss on his lips. No act, real. No lust, love. “I love you too.” She finishes, as they rip their bandages off and let them fly off in the wind. Revealing their lifeless skin: scarred, bruised and black. Holding each other’s hands. As their final heart beat pulsates through their body, the final rush of blood flowing through their veins.

“Hearts recycled but never saved.” Jimmy whispers, noticing the two bodies falling down the side of the building. Their minds blank. Their bodies numb. Their hands held.

End.

Hey guys! Check out the prequel to this book on my page; its called "If I lose everything in the fire. I'm sending all my love to you." Please read and comment. Thank you </3